Mens Tennis Forums banner

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Bring it Home
20,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think those two are the players with better movement in tennis these days.

But who gets the edge? I'd say Federer, thanks to his incredible agility and footwork.

PS Don't confuse movement with speed and court positioning/awareness. Monfils and Djokovic aren't very good movers for example, they have great speed, range and flexibility, which is different!

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,534 Posts
Laterally Murray, forward to net, Federer. Federer maximises offensive potential with his movement, see Wimbledon

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

But who gets the edge? I'd say Federer, thanks to his incredible agility and footwork.

PS Don't confuse movement with speed and court positioning/awareness. Monfils and Djokovic aren't very good movers for example, they have great speed, range and flexibility, which is different!
First it was Gulbis has a better Backhand now it is Novak is not a good mover :haha: :haha: You just keep em coming don't you.

To answer your question Federer. Always has been.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Murray by some distance nowadays, in their respective peaks then Federer.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts

:spit: Djokovic not a good mover.

·
Registered
21,616 Posts
The initial urge is to say Federer because his movement is so much prettier, floating around the court like Muhammad Ali on his best days. But Murray's gritty style contains spectacular lateral movement which Federer can't match, so all in all they might be fairly equal.

·
Premium Member
9,053 Posts
Federer of course.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Wait, so you're saying movement is something separate from all of: court positioning/awareness, speed, range, and flexibility.

What the hell is "movement" then if not all of those things? :lol:

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,982 Posts
First it was Gulbis has a better Backhand now it is Novak is not a good mover :haha: :haha: You just keep em coming don't you.
According to this joker, Djokovic has no backhand, no movement, no serve, no forehand... Astounding how he has managed to accomplish as much as he did while doing nothing well :worship:

·
Premium Member
9,053 Posts
According to this joker, Djokovic has no backhand, no movement, no serve, no forehand... Astounding how he has managed to accomplish as much as he did while doing nothing well :worship:
Pushing like a fraud to be correctly with him. The world saw his exposure at RG.

·
Registered
27,241 Posts
Murray because he moves well while wearing what look like armoured shoes.

Reactions: nolethebest

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Another thread designed to disrespect and undermine Novak, since he is by far the best mover in tennis today.

Not surprising at all considering who is the OP and how big hater he is.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
The intent of threads like this one, or "Gulbis vs No1e" is to create a perception that Novak is a lesser player worthy comparing only to journeymen like Gulbis (or Querrey, or Dustin Brown, or ...), while Federer and Murray are a tier above No1e and are better than him in movement, lobs, FH, return, serve, ...

Simply outrageous and ridiculous attempt, but that is the state of mind of butthurt Fedalraytatrds who can't stand No1e dominating the sport for years, with no end in sight, and are desperate to do anything whatsoever to undermine him and make Fedalray higher than they are comparing to No1e.

Pathetic and sad. Too bad they are exposed and there is nothing really they vcan do to hurt No1e's utter and total domination. :wavey:

Reactions: leng jai

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
People often confuse Federer's movement with his unparalleled "anticipation" which is why he can cover the court very well.

The answer is Murray.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts