Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Germany 1930-1942

Votes: 3 27.3%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let's get some history debate going. I fully expect a lot of uneducated crap but whatever, better than nothing.

Vote.

Wow of course I screwed the poll up. It should say 1940, obviously.

I also said Germany instead of Wehrmacht because plebs.

·
Registered
15,787 Posts
Germany played in a weak era but their performance vs. Russia was truely impressive.

Going for the Grand Armee, Germany Army circa 1914-18 beats both of them, WW1 was the true strong era of European Warfare, granted the 30 Years War was pretty decent too

also, Napoleon > Hitler.

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
The Red Army that pushed out Germany in the 1940's and smashed Eastern Europe is best of the last 100 years.

As to the poll, I would say Napoleon mainly because at school they were wax-lyrical about his greatness :p

·
Registered
15,787 Posts
The Red Army that pushed out Germany in the 1940's and smashed Eastern Europe is best of the last 100 years.

As to the poll, I would say Napoleon mainly because at school they were wax-lyrical about his greatness :p
Rubbish, far too over reliant on bloody armoured thrusts that relied on sheer numbers than tactical superiority

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

hahaha no man

·
Registered
29,199 Posts

·
Registered
7,516 Posts

·
Registered
10,756 Posts
Simo Häyhä. :worship::worship::worship::worship:

I vote for Charles Martel's army at Tours, simply for the glory of expelling the demonic Mahometan invaders from Western Europe. He is the kebab removal GOAT.

·
Registered
59,024 Posts

Not really. They had the numbers, but Stalin tried to push a technologically primitive military on a much more developed world, and a huge percentage of the army died even if the result (the end of Fascism) was one that rocked the world.

·
Registered
29,199 Posts
^ Indeed, the coolest (pun unintended) performance of any army during WW2 was the Finns in the Winter War vs Russia imo.
Their fight was really quite 300-esque, defending their country for much longer than expected, fighting furiously against a much bigger enemy force.

·
Banned
858 Posts
Germany played in a weak era but their performance vs. Russia was truely impressive.

Going for the Grand Armee, Germany Army circa 1914-18 beats both of them, WW1 was the true strong era of European Warfare, granted the 30 Years War was pretty decent too

also, Napoleon > Hitler.
This! if not disgusting Yankees with their business (even for now USA realizes that WAR in Eurasia, Africa or any place miles away from NA = BIG MONEY for them), Germany would have dominate whole old world...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts