Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Michael Chang:
1 Major (FO '89)
3 Major Finals (FO '95, AO '96, USO '96)
34 Career Singles Titles

Goran Ivanisevic
1 Major (Wimby '01)
3 Major Finals (Wimby '92, '94 & '98)
22 Career Singles Titles

Juan Carlos Ferrero
1 Major (FO '03)
2 Major Finals ((FO '02, USO '03)
16 Career Singles Titles
World No 1 for 8 weeks

So, who had the better (or more complete) career?

·
Registered
27,246 Posts
Chang. Absurd achievements/physique ratio.

Hes also been on Sesame St.

Ajde.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Enough of these threads already.

Chang made the most with the least amount of talent out of those 3.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Enough of these threads already.

Chang made the most with the least amount of talent out of those 3.
I couldn't agree more. I remember that RG final against Lendl as if it was yesterday. Amazing match. Amazing accomplishment for Chang.

Sure, Ivanisevic won W at the end but he was a nut case. Ivanisevic was simply too crazy. He was always so nervous on the court, swearing etc. He could have won more slams if had been able to control his emotions.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I couldn't agree more. I remember that RG final against Lendl as if it was yesterday. Amazing match. Amazing accomplishment for Chang.

Sure, Ivanisevic won W at the end but he was a nut case. Ivanisevic was simply too crazy. He was always so nervous on the court, swearing etc. He could have won more slams if had been able to control his emotions.
Doesn't it say something about Ivanisevic's skill (or play or serve) that he was able to win as many majors as Chang, as well as get to the finals of just as many.

·
Hakeem
5,234 Posts

Which universe are you on where Chang faced Lendl in the RG final?

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Ummm... Chang, better career.
Goran, better slam (2001 Wimbledon was pure awesomeness).

Ferrero... World n°1, so I think he's gonna be in the big list.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
only ferrero has GS + 1st in rankings, so I would go with him

Reactions: Mimi

·
Registered
68,592 Posts
michael chang :) he should have won at leat one more slam though

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Chang undoubtedly, he also was very near to number 1 twice (when was beaten by Sampras in USO 97 and by Rafter in USO 98), was more regular.

Doesn't it say something about Ivanisevic's skill (or play or serve) that he was able to win as many majors as Chang, as well as get to the finals of just as many.
Ivanisevic's finals were all in the same slam : Wimbledon.

Chang in 3 different slams.

·
Banned
5,509 Posts
Definetely Chang. Ivanisevic was a beast indoors and grass but he fluked a Wimbledon which cannot be compared to Chang's FO even though he did not have to face a claycourter and Ivanisevic faced a great grass courter.
Ferrero :lol:

·
Registered
20,715 Posts
Definetely Chang. Ivanisevic was a beast indoors and grass but he fluked a Wimbledon which cannot be compared to Chang's FO even though he did not have to face a claycourter and Ivanisevic faced a great grass courter.
Ferrero :lol:
so Goran's Wimbledon is a fluke but Chang winning RG at age of 17 was NID

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Must be Chang but I can never forgive him for beating Edberg in that Final and preventing the most epic slam win. But as a swede it's hard to be mad at a 17 year kid that came out of nowhere. Borg won it at 18, Think Wilander was 17.

Chang turned out to have quite a nice career but compared to other very young FO winners maybe not. But I still feel like he overachieved

I think Ferrero is/was the most talented of the three. Shame that his career derailed by injuries/sickness otherwise he would probably had the best career

1 - 20 of 43 Posts