Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 4 6.1%
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally I think peak Roger had a better backhand than Nadal. Both get criticised for these shots and while I agree Fed has a pretty average backhand now, at his peak it was a monster shot :) Nadal's is so so.It's less prone to breaking down than Roger's but he goes for less winners so...

What does everyone else think? I saw this debate on another tennis forum and was wondering what the MTF consensus is.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Nadal does not even have a backhand. He hits khis forekhands a lot

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
Hard to tell. Last years, Nadal. At his peak, Roger. I'd take Rafa's for its consistency. If you already have a good forehand as a weapon, I think it's more useful to have a consistent backhand than a not so reliable second weapon.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
The MTF concensus is that jowilly is a huge troll, a quite bad one though.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Nadal obviously.

If we ignore servebots and americans, there aren't that many decent players (say top 50)with inferior backhands to Federer.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
I thought OP is asking FH. Lol. So voted Federer obviously.

For the BH I agree with Master Yoda. Neither. Both are pathetic.

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Nadal's BH is a bit better.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Nadal's overall was reliable and had periods of being a genuine weapon.

More valuable than Fraud's that cost him many slams and genuine GOAT status.

·
Registered
983 Posts
when Nadal goes for it that BH of his can generate insane amount of power. Fed can only dream of doing anything similar with his

·
Registered
564 Posts
I would go with Nadal, because he is originally right-handed, so that helps him a lot on his backhand.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Fed has among the best slice BH. And while he cannot dominate with the BH, he can pull out ridiculous shots with it thanks to the one handed advantages. However, he has trouble with high balls, which can be exploited by one player only.

Nadal's BH is a rally shot at best.

Fed's better.

·
Registered
14,479 Posts
Nadal by a bit. Fed has the better slice, tho.

·
Registered
27,317 Posts
Hard to say. Federer's backhand comes up with much better shots/variety, but the core rallying aspect of it is faulty. The strokes are basically polar opposites. At the end of the day you'd have to say Federer's backhand cost him more matches than Nadal's.

Toss of the coin, though I'd rather have Federer's. They both complement their own games.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts