Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
High quality match, big ballstriking, but his superior qualities shine through.

The Eurosport commentator agrees.

"He has it all", "major winner", "great thing is his temperament".

He was down a MB several times in the tiebreak, and just kept on attacking with a positive mindset.

Winners from the back, moving in for winners at the net (beautiful touch/volley), all court tennis.

It just free'd himself up even more for the opening break of the second set.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Sinner out of control, has become too strong. Only the Dominator himself can stop this monster.

·
Registered
17,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sinners level is absolutely sick, hardly seen someone striking the ball as well and as aggressively off both wings.
Sinner out of control, has become too strong. Only the Dominator himself can stop this monster.
He's a different breed than anyone that has ever populated this planet.

God gave him a different kind of ability previously unbeknown to human beings.

Reactions: -Dominator-

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
sinner has a better backhand than Djokovic
and he takes balls early just like federer
he will be no 1

·
9,526 Posts
He's a different breed than anyone that has ever populated this planet.

God gave him a different kind of ability previously unbeknown to human beings.
Im a massive fan

But don't forget he was fucking awful in 2020so far. Many seem to forget this. Some horrible scores. Lost four in a row as bookies fav too. Looked unreal late 2019 though and I expect him to re capture form

·
Premium Member
11,518 Posts
Sinner is really unique havent seen a player with winner hitting ability like this since young Thomas Berdych.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
This guy just needs to get the consistency which will come with age cause he’s clearly got the shots to get to the top. Saw him against Khachanov and he just clearly outplayed him and finished nicely at the net quite a few times as well. Khachanov wasn’t even bad either, Sinner just went and took that match.

·
Registered
17,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im a massive fan

But don't forget he was fucking awful in 2020so far. Many seem to forget this. Some horrible scores. Lost four in a row as bookies fav too. Looked unreal late 2019 though and I expect him to re capture form
Bro, you make no sense

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
The Sinner is coming

" Curse and damn you all you'll fall by the hand of the
Sinner!
Sinner! "

·
Registered
17,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What did you not understand?
There are several issues within your post.

1) Relevance - You critique losses (most of which perfectly normal) from February and March, when we are in July and he's on a streak of beating Khachanov, Agut, and playing competitive tennis against the current most in-form player in the world (Thiem), who he might beat tomorrow
2) "he lost 4 in a row as bookies fav" No, he didn't. He never even lost 4 in a row.
3) "re-capturing form" what do you think happened the last few weeks? This is his best form so far. He needs to continue this, not re-capture it, as its already happening.

I hope I could clear that up.

Reactions: SetPointDown

·
9,526 Posts
Whats impressive here??? In any way? Bad start to year = Fact

Great end to last year = Fact

I hope he recaptures the good form of 2019 = Fact

He lost four out of 5 where he was fav = Fact

Not sure where there is no sense @Budadiii

Lol at taking exho in to account...opponents could be trying new things who knows

·
Registered
17,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There is nothing to lol at.

Every player in this tournament has taken the matches extremely seriously.

Several racquets have been broken, including by RBA today.

You admitted yourself you aren't watching, so why are you commentating on it?

You come across as severely ignorant right now.

Fucsovics was in the prospect of not just beating, but destroying Shapovalov-Sinner-Paul, losing one set (a tiebreak).

Losing isn't "bad form", and he hasn't been close to "fucking awful".

He was exactly the same uprising player of the NG Tournament in Rotterdam and Marseille, and is now.

If you would apply your same logic of this year to late 2019 barring the NG tournament in the way you discredit these exhos, you'd barely find a difference in the gross results.

I think you should apply some common sense here.

Did you lose money on those matches he lost?

Might help us understand some of the vile ignorance you are displaying.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Jannik will have a better chance to beat Dominic tomorrow than earlier this week on grass. Actually, I think the kid from South Tyrol will win tomorrow.
I would love to have a GS Final between Dominic and Jannik in the years to come, so hopefully the few spectators in this nice and original Templehof Hangar will enjoy the match.

·
9,526 Posts

Fucsovics was in the prospect of not just beating, but destroying Shapovalov-Sinner-Paul, losing one set (a tiebreak).

He was exactly the same uprising player of the NG Tournament in Rotterdam and Marseille, and is now.

If you would apply your same logic of this year to late 2019 barring the NG tournament in the way you discredit these exhos, you'd barely find a difference in the gross results.

Lolz

·
Registered
2,834 Posts

I think I've just witnessed the moment you've gone full Sinnertard.

It's a beautiful thing to behold.

I'm not quite there yet, but am getting there very fast.

But you're definitely MTF's very first full-fledged Sinnertard, capable of responding to mild criticism with full-force rage and defiance like a true tard.

Congrats on getting there first.

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
There has been no official tennis for six months and people already started to think they have seen it all, the stage will be de novo when we resume in August or January. Sinner can win every exho match in the world for all I care, it is the official matches that matter, when there is something in the line. Something as in, not a few hundred bucks, meaning history books. Nobody will wiki this match that's for sure. Let's see how the old and the young players will come back, how fit they are, in the mental and physical department. It will be crazy. Let's see how Sinner will fare there and then.

He is young and talented, but no need to overhype him in this hiatus.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Sinner finally won a relevant exhibition match and there's a whole thread filled with the same hyperbole that has been dumped on him for over a year now.

Really don't know why this isn't in the other thread with all the other results from the same exhibition 💀

Yes, Sinner is talented but the way people discuss him here is out of control. You would think we were witnessing Jesus as a tennis player instead of the same person who has struggled to win matches all year and will take time to find his footing on tour.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts