Mens Tennis Forums banner

Which US Open Final do you prefer in 2014?

• Fedal

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • Nolerer

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • Djokodal

Votes: 11 19.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Nolerer of course. If they are playing their best tennis, Nadal has zero chance, especially on a HC. They have to be shitty for him to have a chance.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Picked Fedal, cause we've seen the Nolerer clash 5 or 6 times already at the UO. Both would be spectacular though. Another Djokodal final would be meh..

·
Your visions will happen
47,118 Posts
Fedal, cause we've never seen it at USO. And it would mean the difference between 18-14 or 17-15, a match that could, essentially, decide the GOAT debate

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Nolerer of course. If they are playing their best tennis, Nadal has zero chance, especially on a HC. They have to be shitty for him to have a chance.
I put Nadal and Federer just because they've never faced off at the US Open before. imagine a night final (not sure the chances of that happening) with the two of them- Roger usually plays superbly at night time in New York

I wouldn't mind Murray vs. Nadal, I wouldn't mind another Nadal vs. Djokovic (although that is beginning to get repetitive), I would actually find it pretty interesting to see a Murray vs. Djokovic 2012 rematch (however this is assuming Murray were to pick up his level by then, otherwise it would be disasterous to watch)

frankly the one matchup I wouldn't want to watch would be Federer vs. Djokovic. despite people claiming that the Wimbledon final was great, I just didn't feel it. I thought it was fairly good in the *drama* department but quality wise was lacking. it seems Federer has a confidence problem against Djokovic at this point (look at their biggest matches the last few years) beyond just the fact that he has declined. definitely the one I would least be looking forward to. if Roger can no longer hit past Novak or the like on grass then he certainly won't be able to do it on medium HC

and then ignoring the main options, random finalists would be fascinating. something ala Dimitrov vs. Ferrer (odd matchup I know but either result there I would be happy with, David finally grinding his way to a GS title that he deserves more than any other non-GS winner, and Dimitrov finally breaking through)

we'll see

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Fedal, cause we've never seen it at USO. And it would mean the difference between 18-14 or 17-15, a match that could, essentially, decide the GOAT debate
Seriously? Maybe a few years ago it might have been competitive but nowadays Fedal matches are so predictable. I can understand why Nadal fans want it to happen, they know it would pretty much be a guaranteed win for their man. But in terms of tennis as entertainment, it would be the worst possible scenario of the three listed.

Nolerer matches are by far the best in terms of quality, the winner to error ratios from both in the Wimbledon final was ridiculous. If you didn't enjoy that match, you aren't a tennis fan.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Fedal with Fed finally doing it at bringing home the #18. :cool:

I mean, Djoker is going to choke in the final anyway so just give a chance to Fed, no?

·
Your visions will happen
47,118 Posts
Seriously? Maybe a few years ago it might have been competitive but nowadays Fedal matches are so predictable. I can understand why Nadal fans want it to happen, they know it would pretty much be a guaranteed win for their man. But in terms of tennis as entertainment, it would be the worst possible scenario of the three listed.

Nolerer matches are by far the best in terms of quality, the winner to error ratios from both in the Wimbledon final was ridiculous. If you didn't enjoy that match, you aren't a tennis fan.
I did enjoy the Wimbledon final, it was a high quality affair in pure tennis term, very high level from both.

I was just not as emotionally involved for obvious reasons.

And if it is a Fedal final, Fed would be playing a high level also and on a court that suits him.

Would be 5 sets, imo

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
I did enjoy the Wimbledon final, it was a high quality affair in pure tennis term, very high level from both.

I was just not as emotionally involved for obvious reasons.

And if it is a Fedal final, Fed would be playing a high level also and on a court that suits him.

Would be 5 sets, imo
That's your opinion and you are entitled to it, but I seriously doubt Roger would be playing at a high level against Nadal. He hasn't done that for years. When he stats to play well against him, he soon collapses. I fail to see why he would suddenly start playing well against him at this stage of his career.

As I said, I get why Nadal fans want him to face Roger rather than Novak because it's an easier matchup for him. The same way Roger fans would rather he play Nole than Nadal etc. But in terms of spectacle, I feel it would be a damp squib. I'd like to be proved wrong though.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Yeah,Federer has never choked vs Nadal.
Oh,wait ...
Federer chokes too, but we should give him a chance at least.

It's not like he's going to double fault on match point.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:facepalm: can mods please ban this guy, he is just so disrespectful it's really not enjoyable to read

I put Nadal and Federer just because they've never faced off at the US Open before. imagine a night final (not sure the chances of that happening) with the two of them- Roger usually plays superbly at night time in New York

I wouldn't mind Murray vs. Nadal, I wouldn't mind another Nadal vs. Djokovic (although that is beginning to get repetitive), I would actually find it pretty interesting to see a Murray vs. Djokovic 2012 rematch (however this is assuming Murray were to pick up his level by then, otherwise it would be disasterous to watch)

frankly the one matchup I wouldn't want to watch would be Federer vs. Djokovic. despite people claiming that the Wimbledon final was great, I just didn't feel it. I thought it was fairly good in the *drama* department but quality wise was lacking. it seems Federer has a confidence problem against Djokovic at this point (look at their biggest matches the last few years) beyond just the fact that he has declined. definitely the one I would least be looking forward to. if Roger can no longer hit past Novak or the like on grass then he certainly won't be able to do it on medium HC

and then ignoring the main options, random finalists would be fascinating. something ala Dimitrov vs. Ferrer (odd matchup I know but either result there I would be happy with, David finally grinding his way to a GS title that he deserves more than any other non-GS winner, and Dimitrov finally breaking through)

we'll see
Lacking quality wise? Dunno what u were watching, but it was one of the best slam finals in a long time. You were peobably too emotional to really enjoy it. I watched every single point fron the start. Something I havent done in years. You probably got used to Piggy matches and now you feel that a match is not quality unless there is constant grinding and asspicking goin on :shrug:

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
I wouldn't mind Murray vs. Nadal, I wouldn't mind another Nadal vs. Djokovic (although that is beginning to get repetitive), I would actually find it pretty interesting to see a Murray vs. Djokovic 2012 rematch (

frankly the one matchup I wouldn't want to watch would be Federer vs. Djokovic. despite people claiming that the Wimbledon final was great, I just didn't feel it. I thought it was fairly good in the *drama* department but quality wise was lacking.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ban this poster!

Actually banning isn't enough, she should be locked in a cage and the key should be thrown away. :lol:

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
You probably got used to Piggy matches and now you feel that a match is not quality unless...
So a troll who refers to Nadal as a pig is the right guy to talk about what is the "best" match-up for tennis fans or what constitutes a great match :lol:

We just saw close to the best case scenario for Federer against Novak. If Federer got to Nadal it would mean he was playing well but personally I would like to see Nadal and Djokovic play again so I can read endless excuses about how if Novak plays at more than 25% he will win bla bla bla.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
That's your opinion and you are entitled to it, but I seriously doubt Roger would be playing at a high level against Nadal. He hasn't done that for years. When he stats to play well against him, he soon collapses. I fail to see why he would suddenly start playing well against him at this stage of his career.

As I said, I get why Nadal fans want him to face Roger rather than Novak because it's an easier matchup for him. The same way Roger fans would rather he play Nole than Nadal etc. But in terms of spectacle, I feel it would be a damp squib. I'd like to be proved wrong though.
I do not expect Federer to play his best vs Nadal again . The guy just has ZERO motivation vs Nadal . Even in Cincy the ball on MP was out and Federer saw it and did not challenge it at all. In Wimbeldon final Federer challenged only twice for 5 sets and it was on his shots. Some of Novak shots were quite suspicious but Fed did not want to challenge them once. Maybe because Federer charged every tournament he enters in at least 1 million just to play.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I know that Federer/Nadal is the one people want to see since they've never played at the US Open but Djokovic/Federer would be the best match.

Though what I'd really rather see is Nadal/Murray as they've never played a GS final.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
A healthy del Potro vs. Djokovic would have been ideal. As it is, Djokovic vs. either of the others in the big three would be fine. Fedal is played out by now.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts