·
Banned
6,118 Posts
Eat that Eggman.
Who need a gun with this arm?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Awesome point between Nadal and Djokovic no doubt, but there were several shots like that during this match that could have been ended much earlier had Djokovic attacked the net at the opportun point (hard to find against Nadal no doubt) - so the points are certainly impressive from an athletic point of view, but it ended up like that because there is basicall only baseline tennis with little variety, which makes the points less impressive in my opinion...

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Awesome point between Nadal and Djokovic no doubt, but there were several shots like that during this match that could have been ended much earlier had Djokovic attacked the net at the opportun point (hard to find against Nadal no doubt) - so the points are certainly impressive from an athletic point of view, but it ended up like that because there is basicall only baseline tennis with little variety, which makes the points less impressive in my opinion...
Also if you turn of the sound its way less impressive... all this extreme grunting even on very normal rely shots where they hardly have to run to reach. Still a very nice rally

I think I like this one more! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bosnckZ08Y&feature=fvst

I also like the Fed-Djok 'is that grandpa' on at roland garros.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Whoever thinks that point was good to watch, needs some education on what tennis is supposed to be. Hardly any of those shots in the rally were attacking. I fell asleep. No variety, baseline scrambling. Dull!

·
Registered
394 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Whoever thinks that point was good to watch, needs some education on what tennis is supposed to be. Hardly any of those shots in the rally were attacking. I fell asleep. No variety, baseline scrambling. Dull!
I feel the same way about that match. Although you can't deny some of the very long points are exciting, but it does get very dull when it happens on every rally.
They're so scared of hitting an UE that they just play safe and wait for the error... two guys doing that = endless long defensive rallies. Thank God Djokovic takes the initative some of the time.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
big cojones point and the smirk (0:12-13):

·
Mammoths
4,710 Posts
Hewitt point looks better than it is due to the theatrics. That sort of pattern and quality of point has happened numerous times this year.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts