• Tommy Haas

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • Marcos Baghdatis

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Tomas Berdych

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Mark Philippoussis

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Other player (Murray, Ancic, Schuettler, Radek, etc. specify)

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • OMFG plz delete this thread

Votes: 12 24.5%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides Haas, there are a lot of other options lately... Berdych almost qualified last 2 years, so did Baghdatis. Murray and Ancic are choices too... what do you think?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Pete Sampras.....

Oh you mean active player, then probably the guy that beats Federer many times already, whoever it is:).

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bad:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ... the best player to not have played ANY Masters Cup.

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
I could have sworn that Rainer played in 2003 or something...

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Schuettler did play the Masters Cup 2003 at Houston

As for the question I'd say Haas , Baghdatis and Murray

·
Registered
735 Posts
Haas, Philipususis.
I'm not sure, wether Phoilipususis played the Masters Cup. I think, not.
He's comparable with Haas, had even a slightly better career.

Johann Kriek won some Aussie Open titles, but never went far in the rankings. Did he ever play the Masters?
I'm not sure.
But he wasn't as good as Haas or this Pholipuoussis.

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Haas never played it ?? Yet he's been 2nd in the race ??
He was 2nd in the race during some point of the year (2002), but did not finish the year in the Top 8. It came down to the last TMS, and he had to win Paris to be ensured of getting in. He crashed out early.

That is actually the story of his whole career unfortunately. Almost got to No. 1, almost got to a slam final, almost won DC, and so on.

Ps. That year there were 4 different slam winners and it is my recollection that one of them was not within the top 8 but got a guaranteed slot because of winning a slam. That might have affected Haas's prospects.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
He was 2nd in the race during some point of the year (2002), but did not finish the year in the Top 8. It came down to the last TMS, and he had to win Paris to be ensured of getting in. He crashed out early.

That is actually the story of his whole career unfortunately. Almost got to No. 1, almost got to a slam final, almost won DC, and so on.

Ps. That year there were 4 different slam winners and it is my recollection that one of them was not within the top 8 but got a guaranteed slot because of winning a slam. That might have affected Haas's prospects.
According to the ATP site Haas was ranked 10 in the rankings even a week before the TMC started, so i'm guessing he was also around that position in the race :scratch:

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Haas because Baggy, Berdy and Muzza will all make the TMC at some point in their careers.
Haas has missed the boat i think.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
active? Thomas Mario Haas

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
only Haas comes to my mind, and I'm not even a fan of him.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts

·
Registered
5,166 Posts

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
Flip played two GS final, won a master serie and never made it to the Master cup...

Concerning, retired players, Cedric Pioline played also 2 GS Final, 2 1/2, won a MS and never ended a year better than 9th.
In 1993 he had got a match point against Sampras in Antwerp to validate his ticket but missed it.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
Oscar Hernandez, he is that good, he doesn't need to play at these events.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts