Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think is the match that shows each top 10 player at their absolute best? I know there are a lot to choose from, but which matches stick in your mind?

Seriously answers please, not jokey ones :)

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Nadal French Open semi final 2008 - Djokovic was playing really well that tournament so this beats the final in my opinion
Djokovic US Open final 2011
Wawrinka Australian Open Round Four 2013
Federer Australian Open Semi final 2007
Ferrer Davis Cup Final vs Berdych 2012
Berdych Wimbledon Quarter Final 2010
Del Potro US Open Semi final 2009
Murray Australian Open Quarter Final 2010

Probably forgotten some. Went with best of 5 matches. Only done top 8 so far.

Possibly being unfair on Wawrinka but I'll give it a bit more thought later.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I thought to the same match for Wawrinka : it's a bit sad to think that his best performance would be a defeat! I think the wins he got against Murray at the USO were to great performances from him.

For Rafa, I think that his win against Verdasco at the AO was a very special performance.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
I thought to the same match for Wawrinka : it's a bit sad to think that his best performance would be a defeat! I think the wins he got against Murray at the USO were to great performances from him.

For Rafa, I think that his win against Verdasco at the AO was a very special performance.
From both men. An epic contest.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think it is unfair on Stan to call the AO 2013 defeat his best performance. It was such a special match and had such great play from both guys. The first two sets of the AO final were incredible from him, shame he got put off by the MTO and lost the 3rd.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
I don't think it is unfair on Stan to call the AO 2013 defeat his best performance. It was such a special match and had such great play from both guys. The first two sets of the AO final were incredible from him, shame he got put off by the MTO and lost the 3rd.
Are you going to enter your picks? Don't know what you think of the rest of mine? - I'm convinced I've forgotten something somewhere, it was tough to pick for Roger between the one I said and the 2004 US Open final.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you going to enter your picks? Don't know what you think of the rest of mine? - I'm convinced I've forgotten something somewhere, it was tough to pick for Roger between the one I said and the 2004 US Open final.
Your picks were great. Novak really should have won the US open 2011 in 3, but it was still a great performance, especially cos he was injured as well.

I'm trying to think! of my picks. It's tough to choose isn't it? With the 2012 Olympics Ian's the 2008 FO it is hard to say because Roger played so badly in those matches.

·
Banned
5,616 Posts
Wawrinka's best perfomance definitely was at AO2011 against Roddick and it's not even close :lol:

As for Nadal (if we are talking about slams strictly) i'm going with AO09 final. Crazy stuff from the baseline.
Federer - Blake 06WTF final, slams - Hewitt USO2004
Nole: Ferrer AO2013, Federer AO2008
Murray: Dull USO2008
Berdych: Anderson AO2014 :lol: Federer W2010
Ferrer: just don't know. Maybe against Murray at W12
Del Potro : Dull USO
Raonic: :spit: SanJose final 2013 :haha:
Isner: DC win over Fed, IW s/f (overall), at slams - Dull RG.
something like that.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
GOD- 6-0 7-6 6-0

Mugga- Tokyo bagel.

Djokovic- Rome 2011, USO 2011 final

Nadal- AO 2012 final.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GOD- 6-0 7-6 6-0

Mugga- Tokyo bagel.

Djokovic- Rome 2011, USO 2011 final

Nadal- AO 2012 final.
Good picks :)

I also think that for Roger his WTF against Nadal were he won 6-3 6-0 was an epic performance :)

·
Banned
5,616 Posts
What do you think Dimitrov's best performance was? :devil:
I'm never forget that highlight reel epic battle at SW19 against all-time great Grega Zemlja :yeah: Fabolous match actually. Dimitrov was slicing like there is no tomorrow and also produce hundreds of outstanding returns into the net :worship: Gotta give him credit for that brutal fight, but at the end Slovenian GOAT was just a bit better and luckier. But there is no shame of losing to him, especially with that hell of slicing/grinding perfomance from Grisha :yeah:

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Good picks :)

I also think that for Roger his WTF against Nadal were he won 6-3 6-0 was an epic performance :)
That was epic but not best 2004 Roger can defeat Moonballer 6-0 6-0 at WTF Houston ( very fast court )

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
Nadal: AO 2009 final
Djokovic: US Open 2011 final
Wawrinka: AO 4th round 2013
Federer: USO final 2004

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
I like the Stan 2013 AO (except for the result), but I might go for 2013 RG v Gasquet. 92 winners, came back from 2 sets down, some phenomenal play.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
I never watched that match :sad:
The tension watching it live was unbelievable. I can't imagine what actually being at the match must have been like! And it's one of the only matches I've seen where both players were playing incredibly at the same time. There was one game where I think there were like 13 straight winners, never-ending deuce with just winner after winner after winner. Took my breath away.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
The tension watching it live was unbelievable. I can't imagine what actually being at the match must have been like! And it's one of the only matches I've seen where both players were playing incredibly at the same time. There was one game where I think there were like 13 straight winners, never-ending deuce with just winner after winner after winner. Took my breath away.
:sad: is there a link for the match or something?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts