Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By a rising star of tennis journalism in Serbia, Sasa Ozmo
http://www.b92.net/sport/rolandgarros2015/ozmo-na-sljaci.php?yyyy=2015&mm=06&dd=01&nav_id=998822

"with all due respect, the media have become such that magnifies the negative context of rivalries and outrageous statements just to create an atmosphere of anger, which in my opinion is totally wrong. That is why we don't want to give the food to the media, out of the context and thus create a story as they wish. In an ideal world it would be best that a man says what he thinks and is thus transferred, but the media have the ability to distort things."

Google translated:

B92: Eye to eye with Novak Djokovic
He finished the press conference after the match of the second round, and then interviewed on television, and the best player in the world then we asked for an interview.

FROM MONDAY, 1.06.2015. | 09:00

Advance we agreed to an interview of ten minutes during the tournament - even though he was visibly tired, Novak Djokovic agreed that it is just then.

We sat on a bench in the lounge for the players, then and were talking. In a conversation longer than 20 minutes, we took a look at Novak's head and we covered many topics that have so far spoken rarely or never.

Disturbed system of values ​​in Serbia in the last two decades is perhaps the most seen in people who are young and was chosen as an example of something we should strive for. There were various suspects and troublemaker, figures from show business and just a few celebrity in the history of the country, mainly in small percentage. This devastating list we welcomed to enroll and one name that he deserved it - Novak Djokovic. A man who has only his own work and effort, with the help of his closest, managed to become the best in the world at what he does, and at the same time keep both feet on the ground. "It's something we most a year to hear that I am a role model children and to somehow inspire you and those involved in sports. I'm glad you want to follow my example, primarily character virtues and the values ​​it represents. It is a great responsibility, but it was always so. Thank God I have the consciousness that accompanies me many young people, especially from Serbia, and to look up to my every move, every word, the way to fight in public with everything life brings. It is a responsibility that I accepted as an integral part of what I do, but it is also a privilege - I get the opportunity to realize the way I wanted, in the course of his career and especially after it, and that is to pass on my knowledge and experience in the the other in order to help them and give them better conditions, and academic and sports. It will do through his foundation, as well as through various other projects that I have in mind. " The professional tennis requires a lot of sacrifice, even from an early age, so that other aspects of life must fall into the background, slowly but inevitably. However, when talking to Djokovic on his eloquence down all the prejudices that people have in advance the athletes, and the story with the foreign journalists learned and how they were impressed by his knowledge of foreign languages ​​and wit. "I have no university education - sometimes I feel that I miss that part of life, to be part of the system, that I have company and memories from that period. On the other hand, I know I'm blessed to have the opportunity to play sports in which I immediately fell in love and that gave me a lot in life. Simultaneously I was aware that I have to work on your education, and what are we most help parents and people from my environment. They helped me to be on the go constantly growing and evolving, " explains Novak and pauses for a moment to greet with John McEnroe, who was passing by.

"I've always tried to find out as much as possible"

From his statements and appearances on television shows that Big Mac is a great admirer of Novak, and after exchanging cordial words of two or three minutes, Djokovic came back to our question: "I believe that in life every man has a choice, even though it sometimes seems that you do not. Now talking about some of the most ordinary things in behavior - the way you'll be treated to another person, whether you will be kind and will bring bad for you it is a bad day. It always depends on you. Somehow, I always tried to find out more - try to include all possible fields of knowledge, even though I know I have to prioritize, to align them with the life that I lead and to keep it. For example, a musical education - I've recently started playing the saxophone because I've always wanted to. I had a chance, but I got it for my birthday and now I began to time to deal with. " Tennis is such a sport that in moments of relaxation and rest requires a certain caution and tugged thoughts. And this free time is certainly a little, and a lot of Novak claimed that the people who surrounded participate in his spiritual development. What is particularly nice of him is that very often running out, and so it was this time. "There are guidelines that I get from people around you - without them I would not have anything to achieve. Successful tennis player and I give the impression that there is always harmony, but it is not only my merit - the truth, I get matches on the ground, but there is a team of people around me. Beginning of professional people to my family, wife, son, and friend. All they are trying to sacrifice time and effort to devote to me helped me to become a better man. Due to its character, I drew the energy needed me through all of them and the people with whom I met years. Languages ​​have always attracted me, organizational science, sports management ... Also, in the last four-five years since I changed my diet, it is my greatest passion - healthy, organic foods, unprocessed. That's what a lot of reading and attending courses for nutrition on the Internet. So, there are things you really can not do for themselves. " Novak has a worldwide base of millions of fans and is not a rare scene that they respond to it as a rock star - scream, cry, usplahirenošću ... It is logical that Djokovic once thought "slow, stop, and I'm just a man, not a god or an alien." It's not an easy burden, and Novak reveals what he facilitate its submission. "My childhood was different from the childhood of many players who are now rivals me and it helped me to keep normality and humility in life. I do not like to talk about myself, I think it is not appropriate because it seems pretentious when people talk about themselves, and I do not want to pay such an impression. I had a negative experience such as bombing and economic circumstances, but also beautiful, like growing up on the mountain. The normal life gave me a strong foundation to their current way of life stand a much better and to appreciate it much more than I might have appreciated that I was in a different situation. It all really feels good, especially when children like me. On their faces was sincere smile, the kids are intact and have clean energy and a wonderful way they look at you - then you realize that you're doing something that inspires them, and that is in fact the essence. So, you're doing something, and to reaching out to other spheres of life, " says Djokovic focused.

"The media want to create an atmosphere of anger"

Many tennis players and successful sports autobiographies are issued upon completion of career or even before. At the mention that it seemed to Novak joy comes as it has itself been thinking a lot about lately. "Not regularly, but I have a habit of writing diary, I do it every few days. I'm making notes for a few years ago - I started as a kid, and then I had five or six-year break, where I write things that are happening every day in life, not just in tennis. Now I started again to do it, for this is most deserving my wife because she often does. This will be a valuable part of the material for future autobiography. We have already talked specifically about when and how we made ​​it. Now is not the time yet, but there will be, we plan it, we're just now short on free time, " says Novak and further explains that it was his intention, what he wants to achieve that book. "I do not want it to be a classic autobiography in which successful athletes only talking about the results and the emotions that I experienced in the field. I'd really like to write a little more and you can expect things we do not know the general public. I can not point out one that would be interesting, but what I'm most looking forward to is that this book will divide those segments in my career who believes onogućili to become successful and to grow as a person. It is on the one hand, and the other will describe the difficulties that I had on the way, oscillations, moments of crisis ... Every man goes through it - even though I had achieved much, it does not mean that I do not annoy or no situation when everything goes wrong. Such sincere emotions and papers I want to share with people, I hope that they will see it as someone else's life school and it's going to be able to take something to be able to take advantage of in your life. After all, that was the point of writing those books on diet - I did not want anyone to impose right to food and to speak to a proper diet, on the contrary, what is good for me, does not mean it's for you. It is a personal experience and tells how it is affected me, but everyone finds what is useful for him. " When you first appeared on the ATP tour, Novak was outspoken, but this openness is not the best treated in the media . Djokovic has learned a lesson and eventually began to behave more conservatively - but Novak is not by nature such as balance between honesty and diplomacy is sometimes difficult to find. The one thing is certain - it is not a valid way they are now established fact. "Something just is not for the public to make the shortest description. There is something intimate, but also some things to prećutiš. I'm still a man who retains a lot of things for myself - I like to say what's on my soul and in my head. I am very emotional and temperamental and the people around me know that I want to be honest, fair, dignified and uphold the vital principles that I believe are correct. But on the other hand, after so many years of professional tennis and the press conference, I learned that some things can return like a boomerang and it backfires. Frankly, a lot of things I keep to myself, I have nothing to hide here, and anyone who follows the sport can recognize that some athletes do not share as much as you might want to share. We do not want it to be so, but such a society - with all due respect, the media have become such that magnifies the negative context of rivalries and outrageous statements just to create an atmosphere of anger, which in my opinion is totally wrong. That is why we want to give the food to the media, to have time, out of the context and thus create a story as they wish. In an ideal world it would be best that a man says what he thinks and is thus transferred, but the media have the ability to distort things. I read your blog, you very openly and honestly talking about shows that you have no reason to pretend you're talking about things as you experience them. I'm trying to behave like this, so live and so to relate to people, but the situation is such. I'm not talking about your PR or his reputation, but only on basic interpersonal relationships and life values ​​that are or respected or not respected. You can not make black and white, purple or gray, it was black. Sometimes you just keep to yourself, you do not judge the share if the moment is not favorable ... If you need to resist the system that really think it's unfair, I'll do it, but in a wiser and more mature way, not to go out now and forgive me in plain language, and spit out the tournament and balls and ground in public because I know that we will not bring good, " detail Novak talks about a subject that intrigues many and we dealt with a few days ago .

"I'm looking for inspiration in others"

We have all experienced the night when sleep will not come, then we try everything to sedate - evokes thoughts of their loved ones, the details that brought us joy or simply something that relaxes you. Think of a happy family moments implied, but what are the rest Novakovi recipes for these situations before bedtime in which the brain takes place monodrama? "rewinding to head what is the most recent, what happened that day - because of the lifestyle that I lead and so much information I am receiving very quickly forget what happened and move on. This does not mean that I have forgotten those most emotional and the most beautiful tennis victory that I experienced and that stand out more than others - Wimbledon trophies in 2011 and 2014, as well as the Davis Cup with Serbia in Belgrade. Of course that's all I remember, moreover, yesterday I watched winning the Davis Cup, a chance here is that we're talking about. And when I looked, so I got goose bumps and a huge motivation. Then I read an interview with Vladimir Grbic, who is a genius as a man and as an athlete. Now, after a rich career, directing all their energy towards it to help special Olympic athletes and this is laudable, it does not have many. A great man who was given a lot of useful and beautiful things that you can take as advice and inspiration for what you do as an athlete. These two things we say gave the wind in the back and that's what I constantly ask - I'm looking for inspiration in others, the people around him, but also in the likes of Vladimir Grbic and other athletes, our domestic and international. And not only athletes, but also people from other walks of life who are special and accomplished people in professional but also in personal terms. Such people love to read and to hear what they have to say and find out what they thought. " Still we all remember the spike in the match with Rafael Nadal at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, but still better remember and triumph over James Blake and winning the bronze medal for Serbia. Four years later, Novak vimbldonskoj grass was unlucky - defeats of Maria Del Potro left him in the most painful, the fourth position. The next opportunity is next year in Rio de Janeiro, where Djokovic's ambition to be the most. "The overwhelming my wish, but I'm not the only one. All athletes dream of a lifetime to be at the Olympics, and then to win a medal. I am aware of what awaits me there - I hope it's tennis team will be complete and strong, that we will have as many representatives as tennis is now a successful sport for Serbia and it would be desirable to have a lot of competitors. I hope we can bring medals - in London we failed and I was very struck, I was very upset about that. But comes a new opportunity, will be played on hard court, which is my favorite and I hope my medal that is better than bronze. Although, in fact, any medal to win for Serbia, it is a big step. " "We see these days," concluded Novak with a smile goodbye. So long, and thanks for everything. Sasa Ozmo ( ozmo_sasa )

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
English translation here

1 - 5 of 5 Posts