Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andy Murray vs Rafael Nadal - US Open

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So for me sometimes the anticipation of the semi-finals of a slam can be greater than the final itself, largely due to the fact that we usually get 4 best players of the forth-night pit it against each other and usually because of the fact that you have the potential for 2 great matches to happen.

So for this year my pick is the Novak/Federer at the French Open. It was hard to decide between this and the USO encounter between these two, but I just think the French Open had consistently great tennis throughout the fourt sets, whereas at the USO it was consistently great tennis for about 2.5 sets of the 5 sets played.

The Murray/Nadal at wimbledon had a great chance to develop into a classic because for the first set and a half both were at it, but once Murray missed that forehand in the second set, the match just fell into Rafa's hands.

Tsonga/Novak was very entertaining at Wimbledon too. Roger/Novak at the australian had the potential to be a cracker if it had more sets in it. The french open between Murray/Nadal was a good match, but Murray just chocked too much in that match. Murray/Rafa at the US was just weird because of how low both players' level was. Ferrer/Murray was a decent match, with Ferrer taking the first set.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
1. Fed vs Djoker FO
2. Fed vs Djoker USO (ruined by Fed [lack of] performance at the end)

those two are close, none of the others are even in the same league

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
1. Fed vs Djoker FO

The first one you mentioned, and I don't think the second one comes even close - due to the bit I bolded. ;)

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
All 3 Fed-Nole were topclass, Australian Open ruined by beeing only a 3 setter, but what high quality tennis that was aswell!

I like Tsonga-Djokovic despite some bad choking in that match.

·
Registered
10,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1. Fed vs Djoker FO

I think the US open semi final was more ruined by the fact that Federer no-showed in sets 3 and 4. Sets 1,2 and 5 was just epic by both players :worship:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts