Mens Tennis Forums banner

Med, Dom, Tsit or Zvev

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As of now, 23/11/2020, these 4 players are currently the most likely to take over tennis after the big 3 and have already semented themselves as top players over the past few years. Which one do you think will have the most successful career?. Thiem might be a little older than the other 4 but I've included him because he has broken through as a top player alongside the other 3 and has just hit this level a little later in his career. Who is wiling to make a prediction and laugh at themselves in 10 years?. (if humanity lasts that long)

Current Achievements:
Thiem: 1 GS title (US Open), 3 GS RU's, 2 GS SF's, 2 ATP Finals RU's, 1 M1000 title, 2 M1000 RU's, 17 titles, Career High Rank = 3
Zverev: 1 ATP Finals title, 1 GS RU, 1 GS SF, 3 M1000 titles, 4 M1000 RU's, 13 titles, Career High Rank = 3
Tsitsipas: 1 ATP Finals title, 2 GS SF, 2 M1000 RU's, 5 titles, Career High Rank = 5
Medvedev: 1 ATP Finals title, 1 GS RU, 1 GS SF, 3 M1000 titles, 1 M1000 RU, 9 titles, Career High Rank = 4

Of course, there is a chance and quite a high chance that a younger player will come through and stop these players from fully dominating. I just think it's interesting though based on the current field to see who will come out on top of these 4 specifically.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,294 Posts
Medvedev and Zverev are admittedly quite similar. Thiem goes front because he has a slam and multiple slam finals. Tsitsipas behind them all.

·
The special one
14,696 Posts
Thiem currently has the better career out of the group, but he's also the oldest so I can see all 4 having comparable careers when all said and done. Push comes to shove I'll say Thiem >> Medvedev >> Tsitsipas >> Zverev

·
Registered
409 Posts
Medvedev or Zverev?

Both have 3 Masters titles. Both have an ATP Finals title. Both have a Slam Final which they lost in 5 sets.

Zverev has 3 more Masters Finals, an extra WTF SF. And, an overall better performance in slams , reaching the 2nd week in all slams and at least the QF in 3 out of the 4. Zverev also has a career high of no. 3 and hes been in the top 10 for 3 years, that's 2 years longer than Medvedev.

So I'd say Medvedev is behind by Zverev by maybe 50%.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Who cares. These guys are the future of pro tennis. Slams is the measuring stick that we should and will measure these stars by.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,294 Posts
Medvedev or Zverev?

Both have 3 Masters titles. Both have an ATP Finals title. Both have a Slam Final which they lost in 5 sets.

Zverev has 3 more Masters Finals, an extra WTF SF. And, an overall better performance in slams , reaching the 2nd week in all slams and at least the QF in 3 out of the 4. Zverev also has a career high of no. 3 and hes been in the top 10 for 3 years, that's 2 years longer than Medvedev.

So I'd say Medvedev is behind by Zverev by maybe 50%.
I have merged your thread with a bigger one that talks about the same idea.

·
6,603 Posts
Probably Thiem overall, but a lot depends on when Nadal declines at RG.
Thiem is now very good on hard court too, as are the others, but feel he will do better there before the others catch up.
Medvedev winning Paris and London will help his cause, but winning the WTF's these days can still be a bit of a false dawn.

·
Registered
602 Posts
So far it's Thiem because he has a Grand Slam. But it's close and the others are younger so I think at least one of the other 3 will have a better career than Thiem.

·
Registered
17,892 Posts
Thiem currently in the lead due to his flukish slam + 3 RU plates, but Medvedev will be probably leading this group come this time next year. I am confident he will win further Masters and a slam, while Thiem might struggle to add to his slam tally if Djokovic/Medvedev wins AO and Nadal RG and we all know his questionable results in Masters finals.

Reactions: acacacacademy

·
Registered
66 Posts
I vote for Medvedev .I think from the four he has is the toughest mentally player . Thiem isn t a big match man ,Tsitsipas is too distracted by other things outside tennis and for me Zverev game is too onesided and i dont think it can have many development.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Thiem is the most successful so far, but he's also the oldest.
Because of their age, I think ultimately the most successful is likely to be Zverev or Tsitsipas. But I think Thiem is still a strong contender... Medvev looks great now, but can he maintain his level over the next 5 years? If yes, he's got a shot too.

Summary: I have no clue. But interesting question.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
I think the appropriate term should be “Mini 4”.

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
This is a hard question to answer since they're all really good players. If I had to guess, I'm going to have to go with Medvedev, however. I see him winning 5-7 slams, at minimum. I also think he will have a better H2H than all of them.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Thiem currently has the better career out of the group, but he's also the oldest so I can see all 4 having comparable careers when all said and done. Push comes to shove I'll say Thiem >> Medvedev >> Tsitsipas >> Zverev
yeah but the more Thiem achieves while the big 3 are around will surely elevate him higher in most people's minds. even if some of them end up with a better recording when there's some clean air/lower standard required to win slams.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts