Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Banned
Discussion Starter #1
Berrettini served for the match at 6-4 5*-4 and had a MP. I thought he had won it with an ace but it was called a let. Played like shit after that and got broken for the first time in the match. Ruusuvuori upped his game after that and made this a match.

Tough break for Ruusuvuori who had a BP to serve for the match in the 3rd but I am sure he will take this result over losing 6-4 6-4. Showed great mental strength by hanging in there and saving 5 MPs before falling.

Berrettini far from the level we got to enjoy last year - should improve. I thought he showed poor body language 'complaining' after pretty much every point that he lost. Dont remember him being like that before?

Registered
There was a very junior-like quality to this match with its choking and scrappiness.

Registered
Best quality of the match was maybe in the third set. Berrettini not quite at his best, looked kind of stale. Matteo hit 15 aces, which was pretty vital in his victory, although his FS% was pretty low. Ruusuvuori was playing pretty well in the third set, his backhand was surprisingly pretty good, maybe he has worked on it during lockdown, he hit some pretty good cc angles with it. I remember it being more of a rallying shot before.

Oh well, first masters tournament main draw win and a tight three setter against a top 10 opponent, and he is finally in the top 100 officially. Good week for Emil. Matteo needs to improve if he wants to do something meaningful this US HC swing

Your visions will happen
Very impressed with the kid, good game

Registered
Quality of tennis was poor.

The qualifier showed guts though
It wasnt that great I thought, but for stretches pretty good in the third. It seemed like both of them were mostly bashing in the first two sets and both started to get into deeper rallies in the third. I have watched so little tennis in the past 6-7 months that I am no longer quite sure what is and isnt high or low quality tennis. Happy to have the sport back!

Registered
Not exactly stellar form from Matteo, but it's a W.

Registered
I like them both, Emil and Matteo, so even though I was slightly hoping for Emil to take the win as an underdog, this result will do just as fine.

Emil fought just like he needed to, but in the end Matteo was just too good, even though he was definitely not playing his best tennis here, far from that.

I could also sense Matteo was slightly surprised to see Emil figthing back as hard as he did in 2nd set and needed to get himself back on track after that.

Hopefully we'll see some better stuff from Matteo when going forward.

What a night full of matches with all my faves in them, btw. Felt almost unreal after the long break in competitive tennis. Right now I feel exhausted, but for all the right reasons.

So glad that the tour is back - only now do I realise how much I missed it during the break.

justice for all
Mateo better get his shit together. Berrettini Open is coming up.

Registered
C鈥檓on Mat, if you鈥檙e ever gonna get to a healthy Delpo鈥檚 level which I believe u possess the tools for, please improve that BH & ROS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts