Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 489 Posts

·
Registered
59,845 Posts
Telegraph: Nadal makes a mockery of the rule book, Bernardes banned from his matches

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/te...l-Nadal-makes-a-mockery-of-the-rule-book.html

As Rafael Nadal prepares to defend his French Open crown in Paris next week, his time-wasting is making a mockery of the tennis rulebook. The Daily Telegraph can reveal that Carlos Bernardes, the last umpire to seriously challenge Nadal on this point, has been withdrawn from Nadal’s matches since and is unlikely to officiate him at Roland Garros.

The bad blood between the two dates back to Feb 22, and the semi-final of the Rio Open. Bernardes followed the letter of the law by handing Nadal two time violation penalties for exceeding the 25-second limit between points, the second of which cost him a first serve. In a Spanish exchange captured by the courtside microphones, a furious Nadal then told Bernardes: “I will make sure that you don’t arbitrate me anymore.” Clearly agitated, he went on to lose to Fabio Fognini in three sets.
What a disgusting sportsman Nadal is and what a disgusting institution that would allow this blatant favoritism and cheating.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Re: Telegraph: Nadal makes a mockery of the rule book, Bernardes banned from his matc

Disgusting. He should be banned for 1 year for that.

·
Registered
19,480 Posts
Re: Telegraph: Nadal makes a mockery of the rule book, Bernardes banned from his matc

Nadal and Tio Toni to reach a new low.
Though we can be prepared that this was not their last one... though the End is near.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
I'd like to be an umpire.

I swear to god I would ask Uncle T just 100 $ for each second above the 30th, just 1000 $ for each second above 35 sec. but for everything below 30 sec. I swear I wouldn't mind, no matter what other guy (sucker) says.

At least 25% would go to charity e.g. for abused labour children.

I'm sure Uncle T could even make more money for charity, because Nike, Kia & co. would gladly pay him much more for this good cause, even if their 50-100 million $ more wouldn't have depended on Fedal's presence in SF and F.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts

Utterly pathetic

Is it any wonder the umpires are so weak in admonishing Nadal when he has the power to carry out vindictive acts like this?

ATP proves once again how astonishingly incompetent they are.

Reactions: citizen_insane

·
Registered
59,845 Posts

Not that he cares, but I think with this news Nadal officially retakes the mantle of my least favorite player :lol:

·
Registered
14,479 Posts

Nadal haters in ruins :lol:

As Rafael Nadal prepares to defend his French Open crown in Paris next week, his time-wasting is making a mockery of the tennis rulebook. The Daily Telegraph can reveal that Carlos Bernardes, the last umpire to seriously challenge Nadal on this point, has been withdrawn from Nadal’s matches since and is unlikely to officiate him at Roland Garros.

Such a poorly worded article...if Bernades has been withdrawn from Nadal's matches then there would be no need to use the word "unlikely" in the next part of the sentence. Me thinks that the writer of the article doesn't have any proof which is why there is speculation...it's just been written to stir things up.

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Disgusting.

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
This is absolutely ridiculous. No top player, not Federer, not Djokovic, not Murray, and not Rafa, should be able to dictate who's watching over them. As usual, we see the ATP policy in full display - to hit the lower ranked players far harder than the special top 4. If poor Rafa is so butthurt that a rule is finally being applied fairly to him, the proper response is to change your game so that you are within the rules, not to call for the only guy correctly doing his job to be removed from watching you! And if you're the ATP, your job when confronted by a player to sweeten enforcement of the rules in his favor, is not to acquiesce to the player, but rather to tell them to suck it up. Otherwise, you have a situation, as we clearly have here, where the violators are dictating how and when rules are enforced.

Shame on Rafa. Shame on the ATP/ITF.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
We'll know what gif to use when he loses at the French...

It's the Carlos Bernardes laughing at Nadal's face gif, just to clarify. I just can't find it :lol:

·
Registered
960 Posts

If this is true, it's absolutely unacceptable.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts

Nadal haters in ruins :lol:
More like in heaven, it's been proven once again that Tio Toni and Nadal are a disgrace.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
If this is true, then it's the most arrogant and disgusting thing I have seen a top player do. That's saying something with past behaviour from Nadal. Someone should challenge the ATP on this if its correct. No player, regardless of status, should be allowed to dictate who Umpires their matches. Especially when said Umpire gave then a warning for breaking the damn rules.

If Nadal wasn't considered good looking by multiple fangirls, he would have no fans. How could he with incidents like this? Him and his Uncle are bullies. It's indefensible.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts

So this basicaly not only puts bernardes away from his path, but also puts alot of pressure on the other umpires to not warn Nadal or they will get the same treatment. Really not ok.
Exactly. Surely only the most delusional of his fans could excuse such bullying and rule breaking?

People wonder why he is so hated :mad:

·
Registered
14,479 Posts

More like in heaven, it's been proven once again that Tio Toni and Nadal are a disgrace.

Where's the proof?

1 - 20 of 489 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.