Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
second time this season bernie wins 3 or 3+ matches in a row

making the semifinals in bogota means bernard gets back into top 100 next monday!! keep working bernie!!

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
:zzz:

·
Registered
3,735 Posts

Time to celebrate!

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Such a great accomplishment

LOL :superlol:

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Bernardus needs to win more than a couple of matches in a row to make up for his shockingly bad form (on and off court) of the last two years or so.

I imagine losing his contract has thus threat to his lifestyle, plus a few younger people showing him up has rather focused the mind, at least temporarily. But he needs to demonstrate he can maintain the effort.

Personally I hope that WC still goes to someone else - unless he actually wins the title (and perhaps not even then). Bernard should demonstrate he can do it the hard way rather than get a free ride to MD.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
estrella next now :drool:

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
I'm all for him doing some hard work, but the chance of him getting his head together enough to fend off assorted rising stars look pretty remote at the moment - Hewitt is back in that slot with a recent run of good form, but if anyone is going to overtake him in the short term, it will most likely be Kyrgios.

And frankly, why would we want him as Aussie no1? He hasn't exactly been a good advertisement for the country. At the point his father reportedly threatened to decamp and have him play for Croatia I think most of us thought good riddance. What he has done since has tended to reinforce that. He is still young of course and may yet redeem himself, but whether he does it in time to realise the potential of his talent is another matter.

·
Delicious
3,558 Posts
Is Bernard Tomic actually starting to try? If so the tour better watch out.

Tomic CYGS 2015. You heard it here first.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts