Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bernard Tomic allegedly involved in ‘cocaine party’ at Gold Coast penthouse

AUSSIE tennis player Bernard Tomic is not wanted for questioning by Gold Coast police despite a Channel Nine report linking him to a party where drugs and alcohol were supplied to underage girls.

Nine claimed Tomic brought four girls, including two 16-year-olds, to a penthouse party in Surfers’ Paradise where they were offered alcohol and witnessed a pile of white powder, believed to be cocaine, on a kitchen bench.

A Nine reporter confronted Tomic with the allegation in France, where the 21-year-old was knocked out of the French Open at Roland Garros in the opening round.

“I really don't know what you’re talking about, this is very interesting, I don't know what you’re talking about,” Tomic told the reporter.

The apartment at the centre of the report was allegedly owned by Jamie Pickering, who is also the owner of the infamous Sin City nightclub where Tomic was snapped receiving a lap dance in November last year.

In February I live in Melbourme, how can I be on the Gold Coast?” Tomic said.

There is no suggestion Tomic took or supplied drugs at the party.

Pickering was arrested earlier this year and later released on bail as part of Gold Coast police’s major undercover sting that saw almost 150 people arrested for drugs charges.

“I haven't spent any time with him [Pickering] this year,” Tomic said.

Contrary to Nine’s report, it is understood Gold Coast police have no interest in interviewing Tomic over the matter.

The controversy concludes a tumultuous week for Tomic, during which his father, John, concluded his 12 month ban for an altercation with training partner Thomas Drouet.

Tomic senior was courtside at Roland Garros for Bernard’s first round straight-sets defeat to Richard Gasquet.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/tennis/bernard-tomic-allegedly-involved-in-cocaine-party-at-gold-coast-penthouse-report/story-fnibcgxs-1226936323125

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
Re: Bernard Tomic allegedly involved in ‘cocaine party’ at Gold Coast penthouse

:worship:

·
Registered
710 Posts

lol

·
Registered
822 Posts

Definitely nothing shocking, but for his well being i don't suggest sniffin cocaine.

·
Registered
10,504 Posts

If any of these journos did proper research they would know that Pickering was hanging out with him in Melbourne quite a bit during the AO. Also pretty ajde rehabilitation from B-Nard during his "injury" layoff...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts