Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
97,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And so the bandwagon goes.

Seriously, great fighting spirit from the kid all week long :worship:.

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
:woohoo: :woohoo:

It's good for Kei to win this kind of tournament and build his skills in fighting and winning matches.

I hope he's also improving his serve. :)

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Congrats to Kei

:awww: So close Vik, so close :hug:

Great tournament anyway. Keep going!

·
Registered
97,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bandwagon for winning a challenger? :lol:
Bermuda is considered one of the very best challengers in the world; it didn't have worse line-up than Delray Beach that Nishikori won, but on the other hand only Amersfoort and Newport can have a worse line-up.

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
The field was pretty strong, remember this was green clay which maybe suits him better than slow red clay.

I think he will make the top-100 tomorrow! :worship:

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Good win for Kei. Definitley Top20 material I think at the least. Should climb up the rankings and make it there by this time next year!

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
I think it's important for him to keep winning and qualify for the main draw at Roland Garros. Also I'd like to see him qualify for the main draw in Masters Series tournaments. I don't expect him to do a lot of winning at that level. He's still developing as a player. I think he's a little small to make it all the way to being a top ten player, but I'd like him to have a good career.

·
#freeviktor
93,849 Posts
:sad:

Congrats Nishikori. I knew it was trouble that Viktor lost the second set. *sigh*

And now Viktor has a dismal draw in Barcelona. :awww:

Reactions: neenah

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
The guy is 18 years and 4 months old! Give him a break.

Winning a challenger like this at that age is a big achievement, even if you forget about his Delray win which maybe was a little bit fluky. A few more results and he will get deep into the top-100.

By the way, the cut at Roland Garros was made a few weeks ago, it's unlikely he will make the main draw directly, he will have to qualify.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Vamoooooos Kei :D

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
The guy is 18 years and 4 months old! Give him a break.

Winning a challenger like this at that age is a big achievement, even if you forget about his Delray win which maybe was a little bit fluky. A few more results and he will get deep into the top-100.

By the way, the cut at Roland Garros was made a few weeks ago, it's unlikely he will make the main draw directly, he will have to qualify.
I didn't know that. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Great stuff Kei :worship:

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
What a fight, Kei!

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Wohooo!! Congrats Kei.

The suspense was killing me while i sneak a peak at the progress before living for work this morning, it was tied at 5-5 final set.
Honestly didn't expect him to take the tie-breaker against Troicki.
Great stuff Kei :)

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Congrats! Kei! :yippee:

Three top 100 scalps (top seed Dudi Sela, Marcos Daniel and Ernests Gulbis) and Kei himself has broken into top 100 at #99! :yeah:

R1 Marcos Daniel 2-6 6-4 6-1
R2 Dudi Sela 6-3 6-3
QF Ernests Gulbis 6-2 2-6 6-2
SF Peter Lukzak 6-2 6-4
F Viktor Troicki 2-6 7-5 7-6(5)

Apparently, Kei was 1-3 down in the final set TB in the final.
What a fighter the kid is! :D
Now he can directly enter into Wimbledon! :)

·
@Ryan's Hat
19,893 Posts
Victor had a chance:( but nothing Kei was too good.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts