Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to ATP, he qualified with Delpo's loss as the sixth qualifier, but http://live-tennis.eu/race
says that he is number eight in the race and only the first five have qualified. Somebody please explain.:confused:

·
Premium Member
20,707 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the ATP knows it's business, while the non-official, indie website has made an error. :p

·
Registered
177 Posts
It appears that the ATP have someone working for them who is very efficient

Del Potro and Tipsarevic can both overtake Berdych

BUT only if they BOTh win Paris which obviously cant happen

IF Del Potro had won today he could have overtaken Berdych with a losing Final place
But I think if Del Potro wins, Berdych loses his first match, Tsonga and Fish win a match, then Berdych is 9th.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
It appears that the ATP have someone working for them who is very efficient

Del Potro and Tipsarevic can both overtake Berdych

BUT only if they BOTh win Paris which obviously cant happen

IF Del Potro had won today he could have overtaken Berdych with a losing Final place
Wonders will never cease

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I also think he isn't through yet, that's what I posted in the pinned Race-thread:

But if Fish and Tsonga reach R3 (= win their first match), Almagro plays the final and Tipsarevic wins the whole thing, then Berdych wouldn't qualify would he?
And btw this scenario is possible because Almagro and Tipsy are on different halves.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
You don't even need both Almagro and Tipsarevic to make the final. You need three players to pass Berdych. Tsonga and Fish accomplish that with one win and the third player needs to win. That would land Berdych in 9th.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I also think he isn't through yet, that's what I posted in the pinned Race-thread:

And btw this scenario is possible because Almagro and Tipsy are on different halves.
If that happened with Berdych losing his first match Berdych would be 10th. I think he can be 9th if Tsonga, Fish and only one player more overtakes him.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
You don't even need both Almagro and Tipsarevic to make the final. You need three players to pass Berdych. Tsonga and Fish accomplish that with one win and the third player needs to win. That would land Berdych in 9th.
Oh yeah, you're completely right.
But usually the ATP will get lucky and this won't be the case (well, it's very unlikely to happen)... I certainly would look forward to seeing what they would do if Berdych didn't qualify in the end :haha:

·
Registered
177 Posts
We wrote that simultanously.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Oh yeah, you're completely right.
But usually the ATP will get lucky and this won't be the case (well, it's very unlikely to happen)... I certainly would look forward to seeing what they would do if Berdych didn't qualify in the end :haha:
Hmmm, that would be funny, but I really dont want to see Tomas failing to qualify.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
ATP site http://www.atpworldtour.com/ shows us some different points than the site http://live-tennis.eu/race

Battle For London:
Only The Top 8 Qualify

1 Novak Djokovic 13,295
2 Rafael Nadal 9,500
3 Andy Murray 7,200
4 Roger Federer 5,350
5 David Ferrer 4,300
6 Tomas Berdych 2,940
7 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 2,935
8 Mardy Fish 2,875
9 Nicolas Almagro 2,370
10 Juan Martin del Potro 2,315
11 Janko Tipsarevic 2,305
12 Gilles Simon 2,155
13 Robin Soderling 2,080
14 Gael Monfils 1,925

·
Registered
177 Posts
ATP has deleted the article. Tomas hasnt, now officially :) , clinched London yet.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts