Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Re: Berdych def Nadal: 6-7(4) 6-2 7-6(insert here ) :tread name may change

ESPN is fucking idiots if they don't show this match. Fuck the boring Safin 2-setter and show a real match!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Now its time for Nadal to rest up, cos he must have been real tired today.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Unbelievable match, Berdych could hardly move from the 1st set but played out of this world

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
I don't want to see any crappy match by Safin. I want to see the Nadal match.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Berdych saved 2 match points at 5-6.

Great job Tomas... last year Federer, this year Nadal. Good scalpings, but time to see this guy become more consistent. I'm still not seeing the great 'talent' the commentators have talked him up as, but I like the guy.

Rest up, Rafael... you and your manpris are gonna rock Flushing Meadows.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Wow. That must have been a really great match to watch. I hope too that ESPN shows this match instead of the Safin match. That's the nice thing about delayed matches v. live matches.

Lots of upsets today. What will tomorrow bring?

·
Registered
19,954 Posts
What a fight this seems to have been!

Congratulations Berdych! :yeah:

ah, Rafa... :sad:...at least he did not go down without a fight so I'm proud of that but this sucks....first round. I hope this match against a big server has been a good learning experience for him.
Go and rest, Nadal and come back strong for the USO.

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
:woohoo: i knew nadal would lose on hard the moment he faced a big server :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Congrats to Berdych.

Nadal went down fighting like a true champ. Great job.

Now get some well deserved rest and see u at the open.

Vinga!

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
That's what always is going happen to Nadal when he faces a good hardcourter - that is a hard-serving, flat-hitting guy.

Pay attention to the stats. First set: Berdych serves at 48%. It is a close set. Second set: Berdych serves at 72%. Nadal is blown off the court. Third set: Berdych serves at 47%. It is again a close set.

Summary: just like an year ago nadal is vulnerable when facing a big serve. He is lucky he didn't have to play Roddick. Roddick's second serve is as good as Berdych's first. It would have been another embarassment like their last year USO match.

Nadal still is very much a claycourter. To succeed on hardcourts he needs a soft draw consisting of certain type of players.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Unbelievable performance by Berdych he couldnt move well halfway through the first set because of a groin pull. He hung in there, and played with so much guts, nothing but respect for the young Czech :worship:

Rafa not sorry you lost, you are playing too much you need rest :lol:

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Wow! Congrats Tomas!!! He's really a giant killer!

1 - 20 of 156 Posts