Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Routined.

Tomas very solid but under little or no pressure, Monfils just far too erratic and gave up on the match long before he lost it.

Welcome back to the tour, Gael :)

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
He won, thank fuck for that.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Monfils has got one of the dumbest styles among who have been in the Top 30 :eek:
Give him some slack. He hasn't played a match since september 2007, and Thomas is no guy to f... around with.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Give him some slack. He hasn't played a match since september 2007, and Thomas is no guy to f... around with.
Soderling had the same break and won a comeback match against in-form Nieminen :shrug: Five months nonattendance isn't for me an excuse to lose a match in this way.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Soderling had the same break and won a comeback match against in-form Nieminen :shrug: Five months nonattendance isn't for me an excuse to lose a match in this way.
Gael was always and will always be sporadic player. He might give a hell of a performance in a given moment and next day playing like complete tool.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Beats me why Monfils made this his return event - probably the strongest 32 man draw you will see this year and in many years. Had he gone to Las Vegas he might have had a chance to work his way into the event, but instead he opted to return at a mini-Masters.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Not everyone is the same. Some people play well off a break like Nalbandian and there are others that aren't good when they have had an extended time away from the game.

You can't use one size fits all.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He spent most of this match close enough to the line judges to smell their breath.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Well done Berdman, get rid of this clown.

·
Registered
97,310 Posts
Geez, give Monfils a break, he has just come back and even before a long break he struggled with health. Berdych is no clown but a very good player, and the scoreline was very expected. Monfils needs to find his match rhythm, and apart from Sunrise Challenger, he practically doesn't defend the points in the nearest future, so I hope he'll collect them inthe next weeks.

Anyway well done Berdych.

·
Registered
27,241 Posts
Monfils must suck at tiebreaks, hence why Voo hates him.

Reactions: Truc

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Monfils must suck at tiebreaks, hence why Voo hates him.
Oh no! "Hate" is too strong word :)
BTW, he isn't a TB sucker, has positive record on all levels :angel:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts