Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After watching him reaching the finals at his first tournament back after 6 months absence, I immediately remembered what he said after losing to Federer at Wimbledon in 2017:

(starting at about 0.35)

Of course, it is only his first tournament back and no one knows if this is just a fluke or if he could really be back to playing top 20 tennis on a regular basis.

Of course it was not really a half year rest but rather a forced injury timeout as far as I'm concerned (But the same counts for Roger who he is referring to).

But I still find it interesting and somehow exciting that Berdych could prove himself wrong here, which I would really appreciate. Because, just to be clear, this thread is not meant to be a critic about what he said. I simply wanted to point out that everything goes so fast and unpredictable in tennis, that something a player totally ruled out for himself 18 months ago, could now also kind of work for him as well!

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
After watching him reaching the finals at his first tournament back after 6 months absence, I immediately remembered what he said after losing to Federer at Wimbledon in 2017:

(starting at about 0.35)

Of course, it is only his first tournament back and no one knows if this is just a fluke or if he could really be back to playing top 20 tennis on a regular basis.

Of course it was not really a half year rest but rather a forced injury timeout as far as I'm concerned (But the same counts for Roger who he is referring to).

But I still find it interesting and somehow exciting that Berdych could prove himself wrong here, which I would really appreciate. Because, just to be clear, this thread is not meant to be a critic about what he said. I simply wanted to point out that everything goes so fast and unpredictable in tennis, that something a player totally ruled out for himself 18 months ago, could now also kind of work for him as well!
Is tennis really that unpredictable? It's certainly the most predictable sport I follow, because it is incredibly so in many respects.

·
Registered
14,081 Posts
Is tennis really that unpredictable? It's certainly the most predictable sport I follow, because it is incredibly so in many respects.
It's as predictable/unpredictable as anything else.

It doesn't seem unpredicrable if you just look at slam winners.

·
Registered
14,499 Posts
Hilarious comments in this thread, but I can only agree with Burrow; apart from a few upsets in slams, there was nothing, just nothing that would indicate a more telling picture of this sport.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts