·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will be replaced by Granollers

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Majchrzak gets another easy USO R3 with this lol.

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
The past tense form of 'catch' is 'caught', fyi.
And while we are at it, he has caught SARS-2 (the Virus). COVID is the (potentially) resulting disease from that infection. 🤓

That said, hopefully he doesn't have too severe symptoms so he will beback in action for the clay season.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
why potential? COVID is by definition the resulting disease of an infection with corona virus.

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
why potential? COVID is by definition the resulting disease of an infection with corona virus.
You could be asymptomatic, then you are not sick, never were sick and therefore never had COVID. But every COVID disease is based on an infection with the corrosponding virus (SARS-CoV-2 to be entirely accurate, but I prefer it my way), so we don't even contradict each other here. 🤓

Reactions: SetPointDown

·
Registered
983 Posts
Let's hope he didn't infect other players, if he did the USO might be in jeopardy. Hopefully he makes a quick and full recovery.

Reactions: SetPointDown

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Weren't players of the "Cincinnati" Masters tested before the competition?
Incubation period. He probably already was infected when entering the bubble (unlikely, though of course not impossible he got infected inside the bubble) but it can take up to two weeks until you test positive.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Thanks. The L'Equipe article says Benoît arrived in New York on August 18th and had been tested negatively multiple times since then.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Oh dear. The poor guy didn't seem thrilled about coming to New York anyway, so he must be pretty miserable about this news. I wonder if he was already sick last weekend or if that was something else? If so let's hope he didn't infect anyone else.

1 - 20 of 241 Posts