Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Re: Benoit Paire in Milano CH Quali Draw, skips Wimbledon

Wimbledon doesn't start until the 29th, and Milano finishes on the 28th. Did he announce he was skipping Wimbledon? That seems an odd choice - the 1R appearance money is huge.

·
29,637 Posts
Re: Benoit Paire in Milano CH Quali Draw, skips Wimbledon

If he's got in to Wimbledon as a DA he'll be there.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Paire can play in Wimbledon even if he wins in Milano, I think that Carreno Busta did something similar last year when he won in Mohammedia. Carreno's case was very funny because he never played a grass match in his career and he went to Wimbledon on Monday and he was playing on Tuesday against Ferrer. Pablo managed to took a set :lol:

I think that Benoit will collect the check and will take a week of holidays :lol:

·
Registered
21,624 Posts
:worship:

Souza, Kavcic, Delbonis and Berlocq are other Wimbledon entrants who are playing Milan.

·
Super Moderator
8,828 Posts
Clay Challenger before Wimbledon? Is there any better possibility to display how many fucks you give for this Major?

Reminds me of Lorenzi who played a HC-Challenger in Eskisehir right before RG and he almost managed to defeat Muller. :facepalm:

·
Registered
21,624 Posts
Clay courters stay classy even if we are in the grass season :cool: I am surprised that Carreno Busta is playing Nottingham instead of Milan.
He probably fell in love with grass after taking a set off Ferrer at Wimbledon.

·
Registered
19,278 Posts
Milano challenger starts Monday, 22nd of June while Wimbledon starts Monday, 29th of June and Paire is a direct entrant there

I don't understand nothing from this thread

·
Registered
45 Posts
Benoit to make the title on Sunday in Milano and playing Tuesday at Wimbledon with some confidence, beating a qualifier. Title + 2nd round at Wimbly: 125 points and 70 000 € to go on holidays in a pretty good state of mind and in a good way to regain his place in the top 50 by vulturing ;)

Benoit is love :wavey:

Seriously, the draw will be open but Del Bonis, Kavcic, Cecchinato and Golubev are good contenders to win the trophy. But behind them, the better ranked is Volandri #205 then De Paula #237...Hope to see Benoit make a good tournament there and not choking against a mug :facepalm: A final vs Del Bonis would be interesting.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts