1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Banned
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://twitter.com/benoitpaire/status/609677370228895744
Basically calling grass and wimby a shit :worship::worship:
I'm sure many many many players agree with him.:angel:
Grass is easily the most boring, injury-prone and pathetic surface in tennis.
And Wimby :tape: those ridiculous archaic traditions, pathetic schedule and typical british snobbery. It has to be replaced by Rome, and whole grass should be removed IMO like carpet earlier. Wimby looks like Nokia 3310 to Vertu or Buick to Jaguar even compared to some masters :tape:

·
Registered
14,480 Posts
Benoit :yeah:

·
Registered
22,562 Posts
Vile clown.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Clowns everywhere. Grass is love, grass is life.

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
Shame no one cares about his opinion as he has done nothing noteworthy in his career.

Move on.

·
Bring it Home
21,135 Posts
It's not like he's doing much more on clay and hard these days. :lol:

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
I'm sure it will hurt less when he picked up his £30k cheque for his 1R loss in a few hours.

·
Banned
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He is only mad because he is useless there.
It's not like he is God of tennis on hard or clay. But I think if some of the surfaces will be considered to remove anytime soon that would be grass..Pretty obvious that this short grass season is pain in ass for many players :shrug:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Paire is embarrassing sometimes (not particularly embarrassed by this, it's his opinion, and I'm sure some players feel the same about the other two surfaces or grass). Great game to watch, but it's attached to an absolute headcase who does fuck-all with that talent :eek:.

What's funny is that grass should be great for Paire - what other surface is going to reward him so much for his love of drop-shots and net play? :shrug:

·
Registered
14,480 Posts
It's not like he's doing much more on clay and hard these days. :lol:

That and that he actually plays on the grass courts makes his opinion more objective and valuable than the opinion of you or most other MTFers :p

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
If it weren't for Wimbledon, grass would be wiped out ages ago. Why do you think it's basically down to just 1 big grass tournament per season.
I vote for replacement by parquet!

p.s: :lol: at poll options :)

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
It's not like he is God of tennis on hard or clay. But I think if some of the surfaces will be considered to remove anytime soon that would be grass..Pretty obvious that this short grass season is pain in ass for many players :shrug:
He is also not the only one who said something similar towards grass. There were also players who said that it is for cows and similar things. So yeah, players have problems with that. But, to be honest, I would be disappointed if grass disappears completely. I am enjoying grass tennis (not servebotting, to be clear). Maybe extending the season would help players to adapt for it, but dunno if that will happen, even if this year there is one more week of that.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts