39,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was too quick declaring Davys match as the worst

Tsongas performance was beyond pathetic, Benneteau did nothing

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Miami R3: Benneteau def. Tsonga 6-3, 6-3

WTF Tsonga??? Julien must be playing well as of late with wins over Hewitt, Karlovic and now Tsonga. I think Roddick just breathed a sigh of relief.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Awful awful match, the wind on this court doesn't help as in the davydenko match. Benneteau did nothing, he just sent back balls in the middle of the court and watched Tsonga lose it against the wind and send the ball everywhere but in the limit... Awful.

I'm gutted. But the conditions are awful for the players who hit flat and take risk like Tsonga.

·
Registered
30,764 Posts
Would love to know how many ue from Tsonga, i know it was windy out there but some of his shots were dreadfull, horrible match

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Maybe it's all Tsonga's fault but still I'm happy for Julien! bravo!

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
I just hope Tsonga isn't the new Baghdatis.

He's also got a lot expectations that probably aren't realistic just yet. The kid needs some time to mature as a player.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
The AO curse strikes again :rolls:

·
Registered
7,342 Posts
Haha - Tsonga bombs again. But that was truly dreadful to watch. Hope the Tipsy match is better - it's already looking more promising.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Only saw the last 3 games but sounds like the rest wasn't much better. SOmething like 20 winners to 36 UE for Tsonga. Maybe it was just Tsonga messing up but Benneteau has beaten some pretty good players the last few weeks - good job. He played smart - held his serve and just let Tsonga self destruct.

Forget has an interesting situation for Davis Cup. His #1 guy can't win a match, his #2 guy has the AO jinx and isn't far behind. But the bottom of the line up is hanging tough. Mathieu and Benny are looking good.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts