Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just mentioned that he and Chardy made a bet years ago, where Chardy believed Tsitsipas wouldn't become top 20, but he did.

Lol.

Just kinda funny to me that they would have had a bet on that.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
illegal betting!

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Tsitsipas has been a big surprise. He looked ok in losing the US Open junior semi or final to Felix four years ago. Soft kid, didn't seem tough enough. I know another coach who also didn't think Tsitsipas would make it to the elite echelon or even top 50. But boy did Stefanos prove a lot of people wrong. You can never judge a book by it's cover. Nobody knows what kind of fire burns within a player. I bet a lot of other ATP players had a similar opinion of Tsitsipas as Chardy did.

Reactions: Budadiii

·
Registered
21,903 Posts
I made a bet with Apostolos Tsitsipas in 2005 that Chardy would never reach top 20

·
justice for all
16,233 Posts
Apparently not only Wilander is a clueless clown among „so-called” experts.

·
Banned
5,793 Posts
LoLz as if Chardy knew what being top20 means...

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
It's interesting subject. Many players get to the top echelon who defy the expectations of most. Some other examples - Schwartzman, Rios, Hewitt, Ferrer, Sock, Estrella Burgos, Nishikori...

·
Registered
17,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How many years ago?
Didn't really specify, just mentioned it, would have been interesting to know though..

but sounded like something before his 2018 breakthrough, obviously.

·
Registered
13,037 Posts
I remember I didnt like Tsitsipas style either, I thought he has easily to break and that his one handed backhand was fragile, but that was back in 2015 or 2016 when he was still a junior.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts