Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
9,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so this guy on grindr is major hot (and I mean MAJOR), but I feel too scared to go out on a date with him :speakles: I think his attractiveness has put me off :( strange thing to say I know. Has anyone else felt like this? I have this anxiety that he is too good for me!!! He said he really likes me and wants to go on a date tho....oh god....lol.

·
Registered
73,673 Posts
I feel too scared to go out on a date with him :speakles: I think his attractiveness has put me off :( strange thing to say I know. Has anyone else felt like this? I have this anxiety that he is too good for me!!!
Most men have this anxiety with women as well. They think "she's too good for me" or "she doesn't like me anyway" etc. The biggest mistake you can do is doing nothing at all. Our anxieties dictate our life. Happens to me a lot that I don't talk to a girl I would like to.

·
Registered
44,896 Posts
"out of your league"? Sorry but I don't believe there's such thing in terms of looks.

Anyway I think you should go for it and just accept whatever happens. :shrug:

·
Registered
14,052 Posts
:p

Truthfully it is just the way their face is arranged and you happen to enjoy it.
Doesn't mean they will be good or bad to you, doesn't mean they are special.

Doesn't really mean anything except that you like it. operative being like.

Why would you dismiss something you like?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Why are there so many gay people on this site? Tennis has never struck me as a particularly 'gay' sport.

I don't mean that pejoratively, I just mean that I've met more homosexuals and lesbians ('out' ones anyway) whilst playing other sports.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Why are there so many gay people on this site? Tennis has never struck me as a particularly 'gay' sport.

I don't mean that pejoratively, I just mean that I've met more homosexuals and lesbians ('out' ones anyway) whilst playing other sports.
Yeah, it's kind of insane.

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Most men have this anxiety with women as well. They think "she's too good for me" or "she doesn't like me anyway" etc. The biggest mistake you can do is doing nothing at all. Our anxieties dictate our life. Happens to me a lot that I don't talk to a girl I would like to.
Happens to me all too often. But I have improved a lot. It's all about gradually increasing your comfort zone. Saying something to girls you may think are above your level will decrease your petrification and eventually you will consider less out of your league.

·
Registered
65,539 Posts
Something like "out of someone's league" doesn't exist... at least not when it comes to looks as Certinfy already pointed out. Besides, they always say that "differences attract and similarities are what keep you together". Just get the "he's too good for me" thinking out of your mind and go with the flow.

·
Registered
9,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Sorry to inform you, but gay people make up society too and have the same interests as 'heterosexual' people. I am human before I'm gay and as such have the same interests as others. Is there is such a thing as a 'gay sport'? Or is that just part of your prejudice about people who happen to be gay.

In short, you're an absolute moron. Welcome to my ignore list.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Jeeze, way to be oversensitive. I did put 'gay sport' in inverted commas, and I specifically pointed out I didn't mean it in any sort of pejorative sense.

I'm just saying, there seems to be a surprisingly large proportion of gay people on this forum compared to other sites I frequent that are associated with other sports. I thought that was a bit unusual, that's all. Is tennis particularly popular within the gay community? Or is it just the demographics of this particular site?

But y'know, kudos for getting your panties in a twist over nothing.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Tennis and football/soccer are the two sports gay people most frequent by a wide margin, so it's really no surprise. Why? Probably because the sports are less hyper-masculine, and because the guys look better overall (more trim and athletic looking rather than hulkish).

BTW, there is no such thing as a "gay" sport.

To answer my friends' question, no, I've never had that issue since I'm generally the one being approached. Like you are being approached now. He's into you..............there must be a reason. I guess you're a hottie too :)

Take advantage of this situation and this hot guy, seems like a nice guy, run with it. Don't allow your head get in the way of potential fun.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Leagues do exist, people. Some people are just hotter and attract more attention than others. That's how it is, we can't deny that. Some people have better looking facial features, better bodies, and more sex appeal. That doesn't mean if you're not totally hot you shouldn't have self-esteem. We all have something that makes us unique or stand out so that's what you have to show if you're a little lacking in the looks department.

·
Premium Member
20,524 Posts
Yup, let's open yet another thread on an internet site to raise our self-esteem.

·
Registered
13,037 Posts
I want to raise mine.

But once I was asked by Bartoli and I said: sorry girl, you cant serve, you are out of my league. bye. go back to daddy. au revoir :wavey:

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
no but last year the most popular girl in uni (also extremely hot) kind of fancied me or at least that's what it seemed to me at one point. i didn't know her at all but whenever she saw me she used to smile at me in particular. anyhow, one day i talked to her and she was visibly nervous. i found it strange that a girl that popular could have felt nervous by my presence. well, things went that way but as time went by she began to ignore me so i didn't talk to her again and she didn't talk to me. in fact, she tried to evade me when she could, which was kind of sad but then again i always kind of thought she was waaay out of my league...

anyhow, im out of uni now and i haven't seen her in months. there's a good chance i never will. last i knew was that she was in an exchange student program in cambridge now

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
I want to raise mine.

But once I was asked by Bartoli and I said: sorry girl, you cant serve, you are out of my league. bye. go back to daddy. au revoir :wavey:
i was asked by sharapova once but i declined after finding out that she wasn't as loud in the sack as she was in a tennis court

dissapointing tbh

1 - 20 of 44 Posts