Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
First set...

Bellucci had a set point on Ferrero's serve in the 2nd, but Ferrero was just too solid. Crazy stats on 1st serve, I think JCF finished on 100% but Bellucci's returns definitely helped.

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
Why does Passos even bother with this tool?

Apparently Bellucci was training in Beijing for the last week....... must've had a good feel for the ball winning 0% returning Ferrero's first serve :lol:

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
GJ, Juanqui! :yeah:

His 1st serve points won: 34/34 = 100!

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
With all the seeds crashing out first round, I think Juanqui has a decent chance here now.

·
A happy person
44,905 Posts
I like Thomaz more and Im sad he lost this match, but it was maybe one of the last matches for Ferrero if he still want to retire in this year, so Im glad for him.

Bellucci should start to play tennis finally, its nothing. Not only this match, but the last months. :facepalm: :banghead:

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
I like Thomaz more and Im sad he lost this match, but it was maybe one of the last matches for Ferrero if he still want to retire in this year, so Im glad for him.

Bellucci should start to play tennis finally, its nothing. Not only this match, but the last months. :facepalm: :banghead:
He NEVER said he will retire at the end of this year. What he said in spring was he may have to think about retiring in Valencia IF the pain in his knee didn't get better, and it seems it got better now. ;)

·
A happy person
44,905 Posts
He NEVER said he will retire at the end of this year. What he said in spring was he may have to think about retiring in Valencia IF the pain in his knee didn't get better, and it seems it got better now. ;)
Okay, thanks. But it seemed quite sure few months ago.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Not sure Ferrero should be the one thinking about retirement out of the two in this match. Sometimes I think Bellucci would be better off just playing on clay all year, even if that means playing challengers.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
What a legend :worship:

Great to see the old guys still kicking ass in the MD.

·
Premium Member
20,682 Posts
Vamos Ferrero! :D

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
What a legend :worship:

Great to see the old guys still kicking ass in the MD.
Them fellows from that so-called 'weak era'. ;) :worship:

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Them fellows from that so-called 'weak era'. ;) :worship:
:yeah:

Will be interesting to see how many guys from the current generation can be like Davydenko, Ljubicic, Hewitt, Haas or Ferrero and be still playing or coming back after an injury layoff in their 30s to win a few matches. This is, what, the second or third comeback Juan Carlos has had? And Legenda still going strong. Not bad for a bunch of cripples from a weak era.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
:yeah:

Will be interesting to see how many guys from the current generation can be like Davydenko, Ljubicic, Hewitt, Haas or Ferrero and be still playing or coming back after an injury layoff in their 30s to win a few matches. This is, what, the second or third comeback Juan Carlos has had? And Legenda still going strong. Not bad for a bunch of cripples from a weak era.
Ferrero of the weak era handed Monfils, of the strongest era ever on a hardcourt at the US Open this year, so yeah, that's bullshit.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Considering Monfils is supposed to be a prime example of a natural athlete [granted, not a prime example of natural tennis talent] and Juan Carlos had played (and lost) a grand total of two hard court matches the entire year, that might make it even more hilarious. He even took a set off of Tipsarevic :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts