Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blair is positioning himself as the first EU President.

Blair who..

• Started an illegal war
  • Went to war with lies and fabricated evidence
  • Whilst he is earning millions on the lecture circuit and with cushy city jobs people are dying in Iraq and Afghaistan because of him
  • Started both wars without a plan for the peace - absolutely criminal!!!
At home
  • Taxed more, spent more, delivered bugger all!
  • Wouldn't know the truth if it bit him on the nose
  • Curtailed civil freedoms
  • We have more CCTV than the rest of the world combined
  • And don't get me started about polictical correctness.

There is a petition online so sign it if you care http://www.stopblair.eu/ It's about time Europeans used their Voice our policticians at home and at the EU are treating us with contempt. And this just takes the biscuit.

When I first read this I thought no surely not. And it seems I am not alone - I couldn't see one positive comment on this Telegraph have your say page. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?view=BLOGDETAIL&grid=F11&blog=yourview&xml=/news/2008/02/05/view05b.xml

Does anyone think Blair would be any good?

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
the E.U has turned into a horror movie , Blair or not for Pres isn't going to change a damn thing, can't be worse

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the E.U has turned into a horror movie , Blair or not for Pres isn't going to change a damn thing, can't be worse
If you were British and had just put up with 10 years of Blair you wouldn't be so complacent.

·
Registered
30,764 Posts
If you were British and had just put up with 10 years of Blair you wouldn't be so complacent.
Before you acuse me of being a Blair fan which i'm not you must have a small memory, dont you remember the tories e.g Thatcher? Poll tax? much worse than Blair,

Illegal war for sure thats correct but this has been going on for years with presidents/Pm's blair isnt the first nor the last!

·
RAVE ON
20,123 Posts
Before you acuse me of being a Blair fan which i'm not you must have a small memory, dont you remember the tories e.g Thatcher? Poll tax? much worse than Blair,
As I remember it, the Thatcher and Reagan years were the last time Britons and Americans felt good about their countries, not to mention having the respect of the world.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Illegal war for sure thats correct but this has been going on for years with presidents/Pm's blair isnt the first nor the last!
The Poll tax was a fairer system than the current Council tax which was why all the spongers protested.

I don't know if you are old enough but the Maggie came to power because the country was crippled by strikes, rubbish was covering the streets and dead people remained unburied. Our economy was crippled and out of tune with the rest of the worlds economies - at least she dragged us kicking and screaming back to being one of the worlds largest and strongest economies.

To be honest all this is irrelevant - what is important is the job Blair would do.

·
29,766 Posts
Awww. Blair would make a very good EU president.

No surprise this has come from the Torygraph because they know they can't hold a candle to him, as proved by three election cruises. Even after the Iraq war the third one was a one sided mauling.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awww. Blair would make a very good EU president.

No surprise this has come from the Torygraph because they know they can't hold a candle to him, as proved by three election cruises. Even after the Iraq war the third one was a one sided mauling.
The telegraph didn't set up the petition - they just wrote the article I included. I think a big part of the reason Blair got three terms was not because he was good but because the Tories were much worse. Not exactly a rining endorsement of Blair.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
WTF? Theyre trying to choose a supreme governor for EU?

That would be a chaos!

Reactions: Black Adam
1 - 13 of 13 Posts