Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
:D it was close, but a win is a win. It wasn't shown anywhere, was it?

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
It's really shameful that Gulbis has played both of his clay court matches on Center court (of Masters and 500 tourneys) and neither of those matches were even streamed. Seriously, wtf? Some Challengers have better coverage than that. I mean - who and why decided to not show the 1st match of Center court in Barcelona, but show the rest of them? (as I understand, yesterday they did the same).

As for the match, Gulbis was break behind in both sets, but managed to get back in both of them. Great serving in 2nd set - lost just 5 points on serve (and still lost his service once) and just one point lost on 1st service in 2nd set.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
:D it was close, but a win is a win. It wasn't shown anywhere, was it?
No idea why it wasn't streamed, they are going to stream nishikori vs bautista agut which is the next match on that court.

Ridiculous really as its a 500 event and Bucharest this week has streaming for every match on 2 courts(even doubles)

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
It's really shameful that Gulbis has played both of his clay court matches on Center court (of Masters and 500 tourneys) and neither of those matches were even streamed. Seriously, wtf? Some Challengers have better coverage than that. I mean - who and why decided to not show the 1st match of Center court in Barcelona, but show the rest of them? (as I understand, yesterday they did the same).

As for the match, Gulbis was break behind in both sets, but managed to get back in both of them. Great serving in 2nd set - lost just 5 points on serve (and still lost his service once) and just one point lost on 1st service in 2nd set.
Yeah I totally agree, no idea why they don't stream the first match and then stream all the others, I mean for a 500 event that's a joke. 3 challengers this week will stream matches on 2 courts including doubles

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I also noticed the huge sudden swing in the odds and found it strange. :eek:
Last night gimeno traver was 3.50 on bet365, this morning when I saw the odds he was like 2.37. Was very surprised to see that, looks like it was a total trap and the bookies profited from it.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Last night gimeno traver was 3.50 on bet365, this morning when I saw the odds he was like 2.37. Was very surprised to see that, looks like it was a total trap and the bookies profited from it.
typical swing for poor recent results+head case vs home town boy on his best surface

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
typical swing for poor recent results+head case vs home town boy on his best surface
What was strange, that it was not a gradual change in the odds - just couple of hours before the match Pinnacle shows a change of -0.42 for Traver, Bet365 shows that in 11 minutes the odds on Traver slid from 3.00 to 2.37. At almost exact same time in 24 minutes time at Unibet odds slid from 3.65 to 2.75. So it definitely doesn't seem like a usual swing. It was very sudden and big.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
What was strange, that it was not a gradual change in the odds - just couple of hours before the match Pinnacle shows a change of -0.42 for Traver, Bet365 shows that in 11 minutes the odds on Traver slid from 3.00 to 2.37. At almost exact same time in 24 minutes time at Unibet odds slid from 3.65 to 2.75. So it definitely doesn't seem like a usual swing. It was very sudden and big.
other books follow Pinna so that part it's normal, the late hour swing is unusual, there's could have been rumors about Gulbis fitness too

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Well to be honest gimeno traver hasn't had a single good result all year, I don't think gulbis recent results are that bad, maybe the benneteau loss in Miami goes down as a bad loss.

I think he will be happy to switch to clay and if both play well he will always be better than gimeno traver.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Yeah that's what I was thinking, it must have been something related to gulbis fitness for the odds to swing like this that fast.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Well to be honest gimeno traver hasn't had a single good result all year, I don't think gulbis recent results are that bad, maybe the benneteau loss in Miami goes down as a bad loss.

I think he will be happy to switch to clay and if both play well he will always be better than gimeno traver.
probably the fact that scorewise Gulbis's match against Dolgo was a disaster too but I think rumors on his fitness can be a good explaination, Gimeno usually gets hot out of nowhere in Spain although in Madrid

·
Banned
12,122 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
probably the fact that scorewise Gulbis's match against Dolgo was a disaster too but I think rumors on his fitness can be a good explaination, Gimeno usually gets hot out of nowhere in Spain although in Madrid
Yeah usually in Madrid only though, gimeno traver will play like a god.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Yeah that's what I was thinking, it must have been something related to gulbis fitness for the odds to swing like this that fast.
and is it true that there were rumours? is their actually something with gulbi's fitness ?
what i want to know is, if the sudden swing was justified...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts