Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Typical Nalbi scoreline :rolls: . Anyone saw the match? El gordo double faulted at crucial times of the match :help:

·
Registered
770 Posts
Nalbandian had a 4-0 lead in the 2nd set, before squandering every bit of it. As always, Fat Dave isn't happy unless he first makes it difficult.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Very hard to watch, unless you had Catalan TV or were on the grounds.

Good that it went 3 sets, now Nalbandian will probably play one of his faves next Wawrinka.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Well done to David for winning this all Cordoban contest. I like both of these players, and too bad for Calleri who by the looks of things kicked David's ass in the opening set. The 2nd set sounded hilarious.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
You've gotta love the fact that excitement and drama are almost guaranteed everytime David takes to the court. Both Calleri and him are capable of swinging back and forth between stunning and lousy tennis from point to point.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
:eek::eek: in the second when Dave lost the game on 5*-3 I thought: ok, now El Gordo chokes and David won the second....and it happened :lol:
btw a victory against an argentinian is never easy: good job David :yeah:

and tonight a rematch..at the restaurant :smoke:

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Good win for David, I guess he had the advandage once it went to a 3rd set.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Typical scoreline for both Argies: one plays tight matches very well, the other doesn't.
I've remembered myself that Calleri just in Barcelona had the best career-run in tight matches. He beat in back-to-back matches:
Monfils 7-6(2) 7-6(2)
Chela 6-3 6-7(9) 7-6(1)
Coria 6-4 6-7(5) 7-6(2)
three years ago :D

Was losing to Coria *3:5 (0-30) in the third set.

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
When Calleri was winning the first set so easily it looked like it was scripted for Calleri to be gifted the win as gesture of friendship from Nalbandian, but it wasn't to be.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
expected win by Unquillo over Rio Cuarto

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Didn't see the match, but it was soooo typical for Dave folowing the SB. When he lost the first set with a breadstick I was laughing my ass off and I knew he is going to win it at the end. Next one against his pimp, but this is clay, so it might be interesting.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts