Mens Tennis Forums banner

Veteran or youngster, experience or youth?

• Younes in 2

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Del Potro in 2

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Del Potro in 3

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Younes in 3 with Del Potro choking

Votes: 17 37.8%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Younes is going to complete 37 years in 2008 while Del Potro will be 20 later this year. What happens tomorrow?

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
YOUNES!!!!!

Beat the Kid down.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
heart: YOUNES
head: del pony

vamos younesssssssssssssssssss :rocker:

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
Wow, Younes is almost old enough to be his dad :lol: Would love to see Younes keep it going but I imagine at some point he'll get too tired to keep up the top level.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
The strange thing about this is, Younes is full of energy trying to blast those inside-out FHs while JMDP is slow, trying to serve big and keep the points short. If you saw these two styles of play, you'd never guess which one is the experienced old man and which one is the enthusiastic youngster.

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The strange thing about this is, Younes is full of energy trying to blast those inside-out FHs while JMDP is slow, trying to serve big and keep the points short. If you saw these two styles of play, you'd never guess which one is the experienced old man and which one is the enthusiastic youngster.
:lol: weird stuff

What is for sure is that both players will want the win a lot. Younes to prove, specially for himself, that he can come back to the highest level and Del Potro who is looking for his first ATP title. Munich is a good chance to do it.

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
I wouldn't be so sure Del Potro at 19 is fitter than 36-year old Younes...

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
I think this is very good match up for Younes :yeah: Del Potro is a headcase, he can think more about Younes' age than about his own game, especially when the score goes very close to hypothetical tie-break ;)

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
Younes will win in a tough match. He beat Darcis today who won Amersfoort last year! El Aynaoui wins!!!!

·
Registered
86,336 Posts
I'd love to see Younes win. Only problem for me will be that I won't be at home when he's playing. So I can't follow him on sb. But he won earlier this week also when I couldn't follow his matches, so I hope it won't be a problem in fact.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Every single person in the crowd is going to be behind Younes. That won't be easy for the kid. And it will continue to inspire Younes. And as TankingTheSet said I'm also not sure fitness doesn't favour the big Moroccan.

Go Younes. :rocker:

·
Registered
97,310 Posts
Leave alone fitness, it's not like JMDP is the stamina master.

I lack Djoko saying today's kids are not the same as kids ages ago, lol ;).

·
Registered
10,605 Posts
The player who is more of a fighter, has better physical condition and is more hungry for the win will clinch it. His name is Younes.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Better player should win, of course his name is Younes.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts