Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Verdasco was terrible, but Pablo was solid and played a good match. :yeah:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Re: Bastad SF: (PR) Cuevas def. (3) Verdaco 7-6 (6) 6-3

did I hear somebody say tank? Yeah, Nando looked like he wasn't trying his best today..

·
Registered
21,399 Posts

Great result. Hopefully he wins his first title tomorrow, he deserves one.

·
Registered
20,731 Posts

All turned on the tb:

Cuevas choking, Verdasco 5-1, so of course he immediately starts missing the court.

Cuevas 5-5, then seemingly gifts it away by missing the easiest smash in the history of the tennis universe.

So, Verdasco *6-5. Can he seal the deal? No, doublefault and baseball forehand metres long.

·
Registered
12,421 Posts

Yes! Pablo played a good match, and denied Verdasco what he gave him in Paris six weeks ago, which was time and space on the forehand. Pablo managed to use his backhand well this time, whereas at Roland Garros he couldn't because Verdasco was able to use his topspin forehand much more effectively.

He'll be the underdog in the final whoever he plays, but he's already overcome the odds twice this week. Why not do it a third time?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Verdasco was just awful, no fight. Cuevas wasn't even at his best.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts

did I hear somebody say tank? Yeah, Nando looked like he wasn't trying his best today..
Yeah, SF is always the right moment to tank :worship:

·
Registered
683 Posts

All turned on the tb:

Cuevas choking, Verdasco 5-1, so of course he immediately starts missing the court.

Cuevas 5-5, then seemingly gifts it away by missing the easiest smash in the history of the tennis universe.

So, Verdasco *6-5. Can he seal the deal? No, doublefault and baseball forehand metres long.
Wow I didn't realise Verdasco had such a lead in the tb. :facepalm: Always a shame when his doublefaulting comes back at the worst possible time.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Pablo :worship: :bounce: :rocker:

First ever final for him in ATP tour :cool:

But I must admit Fernando choked in tie-break :eek: When I saw the score 5-1 in tie-break I thought that set is over, and here is surprise :D

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
GOATlocq next? Will be a mighty challenge

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
shows how slow these courts are, imo

fiasco strikes back

1 - 16 of 16 Posts