Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Bring it Home
21,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Didn't watched the match. :eek:

Goffin is a bit overrated, but I wasn't expecting him to lose this match, at least not that badly.

Did Paire goated or Goffin played awful?

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,865 Posts
I saw only a bit. Lacklustre from Goffin. Both had MTOs, Paire with shoulder and Goffin quite an extended massage and treatment on his back it seemed.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Beno :hearts:

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
I only saw the 2nd set, but Goffin had some kind of physical issue, and was touching his chest a lot. He had treatment on his back and chest. His serve was weak by his standards. It should have been 6-2, 6-1 but Ben was touching his shoulder a lot the last few games, and served 2 DF's to be broken for 5-2. Goffin definitely not 100% :hug: and hope he gets well soon. But it's still the highest ranked win Ben has had for a long time :cheerleader: and he kept it together well after a MTO break for Goffin early in the 2nd set. A good confidence boost for Ben. :)

·
Registered
499 Posts
Goffin shouldn't play injured and hand out wins to mugs like Paire.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Sad to see this result after Goffin's decent Wimbledon run.

Get better soon David.

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
Well done to Paire. :yeah:
Good to see Goffin losing, he's overranked and is a bit of a vulture.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Benoit just hates Wimbledon so much, he felt that he must prove it by defeating any first seed he faces in the his first non-grass tournament after Wimbledon. First mission completed. Now maybe he's thinking about winning the whole tournament to add the insult.

If this was a movie, he'd be like the the good looking villain.

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
seriously :spit: happy for benoit, but...

·
Registered
11,879 Posts
Goffin is overranked thanks to all those Challenger points and in the odd day when Paire gives a damn, he's the better player of the two.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,865 Posts
I think it's safe to say many got screwed over by this result prediction. Goffin was a safe lock for final but how things change quickly. Bad luck if injury occurs after DC.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts