·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Re: Bastad Final: Paire def. Robredo 7-6 6-3

Sad day for the sport.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Wonderful result! Paire wins his first title and is now firmly back inside the top 50.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Great result

·
G!G!L!
724 Posts
Beating the top 3 seeds to win title #1, some high quality serving towards the end of the match, top class drop shot on set point in the tiebreak, too good Benoit :worship:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
From tanking a challenger a few weeks ago to straight-setting the top three seeds to win his first title :silly:

·
Premium Member
11,521 Posts
Paire in full swing, with backhand, forehand, serve, dropshot.

:sport:

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Simply unbelievable tennis from Benoit this week, even the FH was at a decent level :lol:

·
29,637 Posts

Far more talented player and far better human being won, good for the game :yeah: Hopefully Benoit rises from here, he's the real #2 after all :D

·
Banned
6,801 Posts
Benoit is on fire. When he plays like this week, it's really difficult to stop him. No losing a set. Great! :yeah:
I hope he will keep this form for the next tournaments.

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
Terrific match from Ben! :cheerleader: And a very well deserved 1st title this week! :bowdown:

He was so aggressive and never stopped fighting, saving a couple of set points against him in the 1st set before closing it out. And he never gave up in the epic 6th game of the 2nd set, just kept going for it and kept fighting until he got the break. It's really a pleasure to see him play this well, he has such a lovely game to watch.

And he wins the title without even dropping a set this week! :cool: Now up to #42 in the live rankings! Allez!!!! :)

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Great level of tennis whole week from Paire so congrats to him, but some of those drop shots were... he should focus on tactics, because some of his choices on the court are rivaling those of Monfils who is known as main clown of ATP

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
OMG no. I'm happy for him, but I just dumped him as a fave on account of his terrible attitude and recent tanking incident :help: and he goes and does this :help:.

I honestly never thought this would ever happen for Benoit - surely he couldn't go a full week without having one of his usual meltdowns somewhere :lol:. Well, I was wrong. I'm not coming crawling back (he still has to earn that by proving it's not a fluke and he really has hope of growing up) but this is a good start.

·
Registered
11,310 Posts
This was a coming of age performance by Paire. :worship: It would be amazing if he could play like this more regularly.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts