Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
57,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amazing result. For Cuevas to do this after missing almost two years out of the game is incredible. Clearly meant a lot to him. Hope he can build on it, no reason he can't be decent on hard.

As to the actual match, it was horrible. Sousa just made unforced error after unforced error. Worst match he's played all week ten times over.

·
Registered
21,401 Posts

One of the most deserving titles you'll see.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
No chance. Cuevas will school him, EASILY. Quote me too.
Huge on Cuevas.

Better claycourter. More savvy around the dirt, understands the dimensions of a claycourt so much well and better than Sousa. He will pepper the Sousa backhand and break it down, drawing short mid-court balls from it and then stepping in and having Sousa scampering, before leaving himself open courts to stroke winners into.

The more consistent depth on rally balls will prove the most pivotal factor in the end. Sousa can't keep the same depth with his backhand than Cuevas can on his backhand.

Backhand to backhand duels favor Cuevas. Plus he has that kick serve that will open the court up for him on a regular. Manipulates the ball a lot better on clay than your forehand dominant and dependent Sousa.
Very interesting quote material right here. Can't wait for the final
^Oh yes, SIGNATURES at the ready. I will want an apology. Man's gone for the boomerang on this one with the wager as well.

Legs up, Bacardi on ice in one hand and tooth-pick in the other. AH! Don't fucking question me. :lol: What are you questioning me for, WIGGA?!
thanks, sousa in 2 then.
Time for the Portuguese to continue their tears from their world cup disastrous exit.
:secret: Clutch nailed it.

·
F***ing have it
17,470 Posts
Well done. It all started here, at the Barranquilla challenger :yeah:

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
Really unexpected, in my opinion. Sousa is usually very dependable, but today he left his solidity in the locker room, and it cost him.

I'm very proud of Pablo, I thought his career was over around this time two years ago. He can achieve more, he certainly has the capability, and I think he's just about to enter his prime years.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts

One of the most deserving titles you'll see.
What? Not gonna upload a screenshot of me giving this out to my twitter followers Chris? :haha: Course not!

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
I feel bad for the spectactors who had to pay for this shit.

Cuevas is close to perfection (if not perfection, at least for his standards), but João was so bad there are no words in any dictionary that can describe it. Cuevas only plan was simple and effective. Aim to João's backhand. The rest was history. Sousa imploding in any possible ways.

Congrats to Pablo! Not only he deserve it today, but also a player ike him deserves to have a tittle under his belt.

As for João, well, he can learn from his mistakes and try to improve himself, specially in the mental aspect. His draw is not that bad in Hamburg. Hope he can go far. He still had a great week. Top 35 for the first time ever for him (and obviously portuguese tennis)

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Really unexpected, in my opinion. Sousa is usually very dependable, but today he left his solidity in the locker room, and it cost him.

I'm very proud of Pablo, I thought his career was over, around this time two years ago. He can achieve more, he certainly has the capability, and I think he's just about to enter his prime years.
Dependable? He didn't let down. He wasn't good enough for Cuevas on clay. Do you realise how good cuevas is on clay bro? :lol: He;s been DEEP in clay masters series events, semi-finals and stuff.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I'm so happy for Pablo. He deserves it so much. How many titles would he have without this injury? Nevermind, that makes this title so special and more enjoyable :)

First title for Uruguay since Filippini! (don't know if there are others!)

On the other hand, I already had a bad impression of Sousa, but god, he's so awful :lol:
I don't get the hype on this forum about him. He is solid but nothing special.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
No one wants to announce clutches goat prediction though I see? :lol:

Filter out the winners boys. That's right.

·
Registered
21,401 Posts
What? Not gonna upload a screenshot of me giving this out to my twitter followers Chris? :haha: Course not!
It was your first bet in days I agreed with, but the fact that you are bragging about it after failing so epically time after time shows how shameless you are :wavey:

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Indeed you get right 2 or 3 or your 4516564511 predictions. Congrats :worship:
Oh I expected that predictable response, I will be opening my own thread in the off topic section on my predictions, so we can just record exactly all this. :lol:

Some interesting quotes, huh? :lol:

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
I'm so happy for Pablo. He deserves it so much. How many titles would he have without this injury? Nevermind, that makes this title so special and more enjoyable :)

First title for Uruguay since Filippini! (don't know if there are others!)

On the other hand, I already had a bad impression of Sousa, but god, he's so awful :lol:
I don't get the hype on this forum about him. He is solid but nothing special.
Yeah, the guy just played the worst match of his life, so he must be awful all the time. This is how he reached top 35 in tennis. :worship:

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
It was your first bet in days I agreed with, but the fact that you are bragging about it after failing so epically time after time shows how shameless you are :wavey:
Illhan to beat Schwartzman? 3.52?

Keep trying to be the funny guy on the net man, you just come over as a tool the harder you try. :lol:

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,842 Posts
Nice :yeah: Totally deserves the win. I wonder if Sousa let his nerves get to him.

·
Registered
21,401 Posts
Dependable? He didn't let down. He wasn't good enough for Cuevas on clay. Do you realise how good cuevas is on clay bro? :lol: He;s been DEEP in clay masters series events, semi-finals and stuff.
I have never seen anyone with such inaccurate factual knowledge of tennis.

He has never even been past the first round, clown.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Oh I expected that predictable response, I will be opening my own thread in the off topic section on my predictions, so we can just record exactly all this. :lol:

Some interesting quotes, huh? :lol:
I was the first one to said Pablo was the favourite, so not sure what you're talking about. Still, I had a bit more hope as soon as you said Pablo would win, as you fail in 97% of your predictions. 97% is not 100%, unfortunally, so congrats, I guess, lol.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I'm absolutely delighted that Cuevas has won an ATP title. I've always enjoyed watching him play and unleashing his serve and backhand. He has had a nightmare over the past couple of years but has bounced back so well and this just caps it off perfectly.

He was one point away from winning the title at Viña in 2008 when his semi against González became the final after Mónaco got injured while winning the first semi. He missed an easy smash on one of his two match points. Thankfully nearly 6 and a half years later he has finally won a well deserved title.

He becomes the 3rd Uruguayan player to win a title after Diego Pérez and Marcelo Filippini.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts