Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Tournament Name: SKISTAR SWEDISH OPEN
Dates: 20–26 JULY 2015
Prize Money: €439,405 (Total Financial Commitment €494,310)
28 DRAW (Q32)

SITE: BÅSTAD TENNISSTADION
KYRKOGATAN 6B
269 33 BÅSTAD
SURFACE: CLAY
BALL: Tretorn Series +
WEB SITE: Swedishopen

Qualifying draw: Friday, July 17, 9:00 p.m.
Main draw: Saturday, July 18, 2:00 p.m.
Doubles draw: Saturday, July 18, 2:00 p.m.

ATP Ranking Points
W: 250
F: 150
SF: 90
QF: 45
R16: 20 (Seeds 1-4: 0)
R32: 0
Q: +12
Q8: 6
Q16: 0
Q32: 0

Entry deadline: June 8, 2015
Seeding: July 13, 2015

OUT Ferrer, David ESP 7
2 Goffin, David BEL 15
3 Robredo, Tommy ESP 20
4 Cuevas, Pablo URU 23
5 Almagro, Nicolas ESP @27
6 Monaco, Juan ARG 33
7 Garcia-Lopez, Guillermo ESP 34
8 Chardy, Jeremy FRA 37
9 Bellucci, Thomaz BRA 40
10 Verdasco, Fernando ESP 42
11 Janowicz, Jerzy POL 50
12 Ramos-Vinolas, Albert ESP 60
13 Gimeno-Traver, Daniel ESP 64
14 Schwartzman, Diego ARG 65
15 Paire, Benoit FRA 67
16 Souza, Joao BRA 70
17 Darcis, Steve BEL 76
18 Ilhan, Marsel TUR 78
19 Delbonis, Federico ARG 79
20 (SE)
21 (SE)
22 (Q) MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA
23 (Q) DUTRA SILVA, Rogerio BRA
24 (Q) ARNABOLDI, Andrea ITA
25 (Q) REISTER, Julian GER
26 (WC) ERIKSSON, Markus SWE
27 (WC) LINDELL, Christian SWE
28 (WC) YMER, Elias SWE

Alternates
IN Istomin, Denis UZB 81
OUT Lajovic, Dusan SRB 82
IN Zverev, Alexander GER 84
IN Gulbis, Ernests LAT 87
OUT Lorenzi, Paolo ITA 88
OUT Dzumhur, Damir BIH 89
OUT Pouille, Lucas FRA 94
1. Gonzalez, Maximo ARG 95
OUT Rola, Blaz SLO 96
OUT Bemelmans, Ruben BEL 98
2. Vanni, Luca ITA 100
3. Coppejans, Kimmer BEL 103
4. Robert, Stephane FRA @103
OUT Brown, Dustin GER 104
OUT Struff, Jan-Lennard GER 105
OUT Melzer, Jurgen AUT 109
5. Berlocq, Carlos ARG 110
6. Bagnis, Facundo ARG 113
7. Bachinger, Matthias GER 116
OUT Krajinovic, Filip SRB 117

·
Registered
26,105 Posts
Re: Båstad Entry List (updated June 9, 2015)

The tournament had announced his participation early, so he would get a WC anyway I guess.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If a player in the alternates were to rise in ranking and pass somebody who is in the tournament as of now would the alternate player get a place in the tournament then?

·
163,567 Posts

If a player in the alternates were to rise in ranking and pass somebody who is in the tournament as of now would the alternate player get a place in the tournament then?
No.

Entry deadline: June 8, 2015
Seeding: July 13, 2015
This both dates are important.

·
Registered
117 Posts

Thinking MDWC to Elias Claymer and Lindell. Last one could go to either Khachanov as he is on Ymer's team or Rublev who practices with them from time to time and has been getting MDWC's to ATP events lately.

QWC will likely be to Mikael Claymer, Khachanov (if he doesnt get MDWC), and then the rest like Windahl, Eriksson, and Arvidsson.

·
163,567 Posts

Thinking MDWC to Elias Claymer and Lindell. Last one could go to either Khachanov as he is on Ymer's team or Rublev who practices with them from time to time and has been getting MDWC's to ATP events lately.

QWC will likely be to Mikael Claymer, Khachanov (if he doesnt get MDWC), and then the rest like Windahl, Eriksson, and Arvidsson.
Sascha will also earn one for MD.

·
Registered
117 Posts

Sascha will also earn one for MD.
I think he'll get in directly as he is the 3rd alternative. With Ferrer questionable and Istomin picking up an injury, there's a decent chance he gets in.

Although I think he deserves the WC over Rublev and Khachanov, he's very highly unlikely to get the WC unless there's a relationship there with one of the tournament directors that I am unaware of.

·
Registered
184 Posts

Ferrer has been named in Spain's Davis Cup team. Given that the tie is in Vladivastock it seems unrealistic for him to get back to play in Bästad, doesn't it ?

·
Registered
5,472 Posts

Ferrer has been named in Spain's Davis Cup team. Given that the tie is in Vladivastock it seems unrealistic for him to get back to play in Bästad, doesn't it ?
Probably they'll give him a Thursday start and then it's possible.

·
Registered
184 Posts

I wondered about Ferrer withdrawing because of the length of the journey he faces to get there. The change of date is going to hit Pablo hard. He drops the 250 points before seeding. He'll need some withdrawals to even be seeded. He had a rotten time at Wimbledon and badly needs some luck.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts

I wondered about Ferrer withdrawing because of the length of the journey he faces to get there. The change of date is going to hit Pablo hard. He drops the 250 points before seeding. He'll need some withdrawals to even be seeded. He had a rotten time at Wimbledon and badly needs some luck.
Ferrer said he was injured in his twitter and he's not playing in Davis Cup. I guess he won't be here neither.
Después de las pruebas de ayer con el médico de la RFET Ángel Cotorro y mi fisio @RafaGAfisio no podré estar en la Davis. No se cuando voy a poder estar en activo. Os iré informando. Un abrazo a todos!

·
on clouds...
13,407 Posts

Could anybody translate this quote?
Yes! Ferrer said:" After yesterdays tests with the RFET doctor and my own physio I can´t play the Davis Cup. I don´t know when I will be back, but I will keep you informed."

So he hasn´t withdrawn from Båstad yet, but I think he will. If his elbow is really better he could ask for a thursday start, as he has a bye in the first round!

·
Registered
184 Posts

I read somewhere that he said it hurt to even pick up a water bottle.

I've been told (by someone who likes him) that Robredo lost to Millman because he was ill. I wonder how he'll cope with the travelling involved in this DC tie.

I am, of course, biased! Pablo needs a good week :).

·
163,567 Posts

Yes! Ferrer said:" After yesterdays tests with the RFET doctor and my own physio I can´t play the Davis Cup. I don´t know when I will be back, but I will keep you informed."

So he hasn´t withdrawn from Båstad yet, but I think he will. If his elbow is really better he could ask for a thursday start, as he has a bye in the first round!
Thanks. :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts