Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Re: Båstad Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated June 11, 2009)

Pimpim will not play here i think.

And Rehnqvist will not get a WC. Cause they have not any left. It is a little sad story, earlier here played allways 5 up to 10 swedes regularly, now it is only Robin, 1 or 2 WC's and maybe one qualifier. In the early 1990's there was at one stage 14 swedes in the Main Draw, that was much fun!!!

Vinciguerra or Berta will get the 3rd WC, do not think Nadal will play here.

·
Registered
52 Posts

I'm surprised noone has mentioned that Daniel Koellerer is on the entry list. Will this be Crazy Danis debut in Båstad? I believe so. His on court behavior is the worst I've ever seen, but I'd love to see him do his thing in front of the Swedish crowd... He might be the most hated player in Båstad since...hm Horst Skoff.

·
Registered
11,689 Posts

Vamos all the Spaniards !

·
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch
50,966 Posts

I'm surprised noone has mentioned that Daniel Koellerer is on the entry list. Will this be Crazy Danis debut in Båstad? I believe so. His on court behavior is the worst I've ever seen, but I'd love to see him do his thing in front of the Swedish crowd... He might be the most hated player in Båstad since...hm Horst Skoff.
no, he was there in quali for sure. Not sure if it was last year or the year before.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts

Haven´t seen any list yet, but according to Patrik Rosenholm currently ranked 741, he thinks that he will manage to reach the qualy´s draw. Soo there will not be any big names in the Qualy draw as usual, i guess.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts

no WC for the teenager Daniel Berta?
Don´t know yet, WC to Dimitrov,Vinciguerra, and one open spot. Pim Pim has one if he wants..

·
Registered
4,238 Posts

in 2007 and 2008 the cutoffs for qualies were very low...so it goes!

WC for Dimitrov, Vinci maybe and then? They still hope for Nadal. Would be a shame if berta not gets one. But do not think nadal will play.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts

Most of the good players just outside the cutoff won't bother with Båstad qualies, they will go play clay challengers instead.

Nadal won't play Båstad, it's a pisstake.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Re: Båstad Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated July 1, 2009)

According Eurosport, Daniel Berta has recieved an WC to Båstad, it doesn´t says if it in the MD or Qualy..

·
Registered
12,802 Posts
Re: Båstad Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated July 1, 2009)

Good Luck to Soderling, and only for him off course, as my duty as a Soderlingtard.
Show strength this year Soda, prove you can make WTF winning at home. :)

·
Registered
196 Posts

Most of the good players just outside the cutoff won't bother with Båstad qualies, they will go play clay challengers instead.

Nadal won't play Båstad, it's a pisstake.
From what I remember, the Båstad Qualifying is like a low level future event (no offense)

There are 1 or 2 "big" names in the draw,, players that hope for a late withdrawal so they get in direct to MD or they play QF event.

I think there will actually be a couple of "byes" in the 1:st rd. What does it take to sign in to the Qualifying event? Is it a must to have at least 1 ATP Point to be able to play the qualifying or hope for a WC? I feel it´s VERY BAD if there is not at least a full draw in the qualifying. So many juniors that could have good use of the experience of playing a ATP qualifying event

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Re: Båstad Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated July 7, 2009)

Cañas is in Båstad, wouldn't surprise if Luczak played qualies here for his local event.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts

still no news about the other Wildcards???

·
on clouds...
13,407 Posts

Source, please?
There is not even written something on his official homepage yet, so I still hope he will play! :worship:

21 - 40 of 53 Posts