Mens Tennis Forums banner

3701 - 3720 of 3731 Posts

·
28,090 Posts
Yeah, I agree about the PG, but at the same time I think there are a lot of teams where you wonder how the players will fit, and will probably be more iso like LAL, Dallas and the Rockets for starters, yet they do boast great duo's, not having a PG could be an issue though, will be a fascinating season no doubt, more solid teams like the Jazz, Nugs and Pacers could do really well. How do they not have shooting, they have Williams, McGruder and Shamet to a lesser extent, plus they have Leonard and George offense won't be an issue, and like you said their defense is pretty good too.
All their shooters play the same positions though unless they play Paul George or Kawhi at the 4. Will be interesting.

Final 4: Denver vs Golden State and Milwaukee vs healthiest team of Celtics/Pacers/Raptors
Final: GS vs Milwaukee
Winner: Milwaukee

·
Registered
24,789 Posts
All their shooters play the same positions though unless they play Paul George or Kawhi at the 4. Will be interesting.

Final 4: Denver vs Golden State and Milwaukee vs healthiest team of Celtics/Pacers/Raptors
Final: GS vs Milwaukee
Winner: Milwaukee
The Clips starting the season without George could cost them the top spot in the West, Leonard running the show for awhile could be helpful though, will be interesting to see how they deploy them when they are both healthy since they are listed as SF's, coach will have to be creative, I just think this team is so good on D that they don't have to score a ton of points to win games, I think they have enough scoring as is, but of course their scorers must stay healthy.

You don't like the 76ers much, if so why not, I mean I'm not as high on them myself as other people? You think the Raps will be that good again? Why so high on GS?

·
28,090 Posts
The Clips starting the season without George could cost them the top spot in the West, Leonard running the show for awhile could be helpful though, will be interesting to see how they deploy them when they are both healthy since they are listed as SF's, coach will have to be creative, I just think this team is so good on D that they don't have to score a ton of points to win games, I think they have enough scoring as is, but of course their scorers must stay healthy.

You don't like the 76ers much, if so why not, I mean I'm not as high on them myself as other people? You think the Raps will be that good again? Why so high on GS?
You are right, I should have the 76ers higher. Above the Raptors. If Celtics/Oladipo/Embiid are injured and the Raptors are healthy, I don't see any reason why they can't make the final 4 (unless they play the Bucks first)

GS is really good still. Thompson will be back and they will have the same team that made the NBA finals this year. Durant missed most of the playoffs and they added DeAngelo Russell who is decent.

I could be wrong though, maybe the Clippers really gel and everything works out for them. I just think the Raptors lineup from this past year that was with Kawhi was really underrated. Possibly the best defensive team in NBA history.

·
Registered
24,789 Posts
You are right, I should have the 76ers higher. Above the Raptors. If Celtics/Oladipo/Embiid are injured and the Raptors are healthy, I don't see any reason why they can't make the final 4 (unless they play the Bucks first)

GS is really good still. Thompson will be back and they will have the same team that made the NBA finals this year. Durant missed most of the playoffs and they added DeAngelo Russell who is decent.

I could be wrong though, maybe the Clippers really gel and everything works out for them. I just think the Raptors lineup from this past year that was with Kawhi was really underrated. Possibly the best defensive team in NBA history.
Well the 76ers losing Butler is a big loss for me, I can't see them being legit contenders this time, Horford, really. I'm not so sure about the Celts, they are a boom or bust team for me, they could be a top seed or even miss the playoffs, I'm going boom though, Pacers I like quite a bit, I think it could be them and the Bucks in the end in the East and would not surprise me if the Pacers won. The Raps losing Leonard will have an impact no doubt, they might make the final 2 in the East, but I prefer the Bucks and Pacers.

Yeah, GS might be good again, but their D wasn't that good last year and I think it will be worse this time, so that's why I have them lower, Thompson will miss a good chunk too, Curry is older.

Raps were underrated is an understatement, they were great on D, I agree maybe best D in playoff history, they would have won the reg. season too if Leonard did not miss 20 games, they were the best team for me no doubt.

So before about Leonard, that's partly why I'm so high on the Clips, cause Leonard for me is the best player, but then you have George too who's almost as good IMO, the 2 best 2 way guys in the game arguably, and both MVP candidates, they should finish 1st in D, so really how can you go against this team.

·
Registered
24,789 Posts
What games to open the season, Raps are pushed all the way into OT, what a performance from VanVleet, Clips-Lakers really went at each other hard, probably going to be the best games to watch, but Leonard schooled James, looks like it will be a tough season for the old man, Lakers have no depth or bench outside starters, Clips bench was outstanding, they were even better than the starters, minus KL of course.

·
Registered
24,789 Posts
I thought the Pacers would beat the Pistons with Brogdon and Warren, but the Pistons minus Griffin pulled off the mini upset. Going to certainly be a long tough season for the Cavs, losing to the Magic and not looking good at all. Hornets hang on to barely beat the Bulls at home in a bit of an upset IMO, good for them. The Heat minus Butler (due to personal reasons) took out Memphis handily, Morant had a nice debut. Irving had 50 for the Nets, but missed the last shot in OT to give the Wolves the win. 76ers had a nice game and win over the Celts. Mavs over Wizards. Knicks hung in with the Spurs for awhile until the Spurs turned it on late, Barrett had a good game in his debut. Jazz over Thunder in a close one. Nugs over Blazers, Jokic was outstanding. My win of the night goes to the Suns crushing the Kings, who saw that coming.

So todays games the Pistons will host the Hawks, I'll go for a good Detroit win here coming off their victory. Rockets host the Bucks, this should be good, Rockets in a close one. Clips in GS, this is the game of the night for me, Clips in a close one.

·
Registered
24,789 Posts
So the Hawks had a good game except for early when they were behind and beat Detroit, could be because Detroit had to travel and play BTB, still a nice win for the Hawks, Houston was leading for most of the game by about 10 until the 4th when the Bucks turned it on, Westbrook had a great one in his debut, though Giannis did have a triple-double, my game of the night, win of the night goes to the Clips where they demolished GSW, Clips raced out to a 13/14-0 lead, then GS kind of made a run, but Curry missed a few shots and it was all Clips from then on, GSW still look like they are feeling the affects of the Finals loss, they also don't look as good as last season losing a few players and decent defensive ones, could be a tough season for them if Curry doesn't have a great game every night.

My picks today are: up 1st is my game of the day Raps at Celts, I'll take the Celts here, TWolves over Hornets, Nets over Knicks, Grizz over Bulls, Mavs over Pelicans, OKC over Wiz, Nugs over Suns, Blazers over Kings and Jazz over Lakers.

·
Registered
24,789 Posts
So the Hornets had a nice early lead, then it was close for a little bit before the Wolves pulled away, Towns really getting it done. Nets had a huge lead for most of the game but the Knicks came on late, wasn't enough though. Memphis lead for most of the game, then the Bulls snatched it in crunch time. NOLA had a nice lead to start, then the Mavs had the same, got close at the end but the Mavs held on. Raps lost in crunch time to the Celts. OKC had a nice early lead, but then the Wiz came back and got one of their own, at one point it was tied, but then the Wiz played well again and held firm for the win, impressive from them. Suns had a nice lead for awhile into the 2nd half, then the Nugs did, then it got close for awhile going into OT with the Nugs coming out on top barely, Suns have been surprising so far, my game of the night. Kings-Blazers was close until the 3rd when Blazers got a bit of a lead and that was pretty much it from there. Lakers-Jazz was close at the start, then Lakers had a bi of a lead bit Jazz came back, then the Lakers just tore it up the rest of the way, my win of the night, good one over a really nice Jazz team, really thought Jazz would win with their much more solid and deeper team, but James and Davis really stepped up, but they won't be able to have games like that so often because the load is too great, they don't even have their full starting lineup yet and no bench to speak of.

Todays games: Bucks over Heat, 76ers over Pistons, Celts over Knicks, Hawks over Magic, Rockets over Pelicans, Pacers over Cavs, Raps over Bulls, Spurs over Wiz, in my game of the day Jazz over Kings, Clips over Suns.

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
SGA

b6EjIqm-QqE

@Mae should continue watching. Somewhat Kawhi'esque with his approach; not rushing it, but instead more slow-paced but precise movements in order to find the right spot for the shot/pass. Decent D as well.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
SGA

b6EjIqm-QqE

@Mae should continue watching. Somewhat Kawhi'esque with his approach; not rushing it, but instead more slow-paced but precise movements in order to find the right spot for the shot/pass. Decent D as well.
I've been thinking of at least trying to watch a game. I'm still following Westbrook's stats. I looked up the TV schedules for OKC and Houston. I can't wait to tell my aunt how much the TV coverage that I can get has left OKC and gone over to Houston :lol:

·
Registered
24,789 Posts
I've been thinking of at least trying to watch a game. I'm still following Westbrook's stats. I looked up the TV schedules for OKC and Houston. I can't wait to tell my aunt how much the TV coverage that I can get has left OKC and gone over to Houston :lol:
You really should have seen his Houston debut, he was pretty good.

·
Registered
24,789 Posts
So the Bucks had an early over 10 point lead, then the Heat came bad to make it close then the Bucks went way up, almost 20 at half time, then they had around a 20 point lead for awhile, but then somehow the Heat came all the way back and had a bit of a lead of their own until the final shot of normal time where the Bucks tied it to go into OT where the Heat won, what a game, my game and win of the day, Bucks really blew this one, shocking. The 76ers minus Embiid (injured again) were close for awhile with the Pistons but them pulled away. Raps and Bulls close for a bit, then it was all Raps. Pels-Rockets was close for like the whole game, Rockets pulled it out. Celts-Knicks was close for awhile, but then Boston cruised in the 4th. Hawks-Magic was a good close one all the way, Young had a monster 39 points in the Hawks win. Cavs-Pacers was close until the 2ndQ when the Cavs somehow built a 20 point lead and carried it until late when it became about a 10 point lead, still a very good win from them, 2nd best of the day, pretty disappointed in the Pacers, looks like they haven't figured it out yet. Wiz gave the Spurs a really good game until the end, Spurs got it though. So after the Jazz got crushed, they responded by laying a beating on the Kings, Kings better get it together quick. Suns lead the whole 1st half until the Clips tied it on the last shot, Suns were without Ayton and Rubio yet they managed to play a really good game and beat the best team, kudos to them, they've been surprising everyone early, can they keep it up over a full season.

Today's games: OKC over GSW, Nets over Memphis, in my game of the day Mavs over Blazers, Heat over TWolves, Lakers over Hornets.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
You really should have seen his Houston debut, he was pretty good.
I've gotten as far as watching clips of games. I actually think he looks better now in Houston than he did at the end of his time with OKC. I am not going to tell my aunt that!

·
Registered
24,789 Posts
So the GSW-OKC game was for me to see really where GS are at right now, and it does not look good, they got totally blown out the whole game, lost by 29, right now I don't know if they are a playoff team, I guess they can improve, but if they don't make a trade it's going to be really hard to make the playoffs with Thompson gone all season now I hear IMO. Memphis and Morant had their best games so far, winning on the on the last shot in OT over the Nets, Morant had over 30, win of the night. Mavs had an over 15 point lead in the 2ndQ, but the Blazers came all the way back to take it barely, game of the night. TWolves had a nice lead early, then the Heat came back and had lead for awhile, then Wiggins turned it on late and got the Wolves the win. Hornets had an early lead, then it was close for awhile before the Lakers pulled away.

Todays game picks: Pistons over Pacers, Knicks over Bulls, 76ers over Hawks, Raps over Magic, NOP over GSW, Bucks over Cavs, Rockets over OKC, game of the day Spurs over Blazers, Suns over Jazz, Nugs over Kings, Clips over Hornets.

·
Registered
26,043 Posts
It's okay to have Kuzma, KCP, Howard and whoever doesn't start from Rondo/Caruso/Bradley as the main bench players. No need to act like this is one of the worst benches in the league. A shame they don't have Cousins instead of McGee though.

Sacramento with one of the oddest moves last year to hire Walton, who was so bad last season with his in game decisions/rotations. He didn't deserve that good contract, no matter how this season will end.

Maybe GSW should just keep Russell to be their 6th man next season? I don't see how other teams will give up a lot for him. So my bold prediction is that GSW won't like the trade offers and he will stay.

·
Registered
24,789 Posts
It's okay to have Kuzma, KCP, Howard and whoever doesn't start from Rondo/Caruso/Bradley as the main bench players. No need to act like this is one of the worst benches in the league. A shame they don't have Cousins instead of McGee though.

Sacramento with one of the oddest moves last year to hire Walton, who was so bad last season with his in game decisions/rotations. He didn't deserve that good contract, no matter how this season will end.

Maybe GSW should just keep Russell to be their 6th man next season? I don't see how other teams will give up a lot for him. So my bold prediction is that GSW won't like the trade offers and he will stay.
Of course there is, because it is one of the worst benches.

Why would GS get rid of Russell, they just got him, unless they go into full rebuild mode, they kind of need him at least until Thompson is healthy again.

·
Registered
26,043 Posts
Of course there is, because it is one of the worst benches.

Why would GS get rid of Russell, they just got him, unless they go into full rebuild mode, they kind of need him at least until Thompson is healthy again.
lol won't comment any more to this trolling. But you sure would get good betting odds for some of your opinions.

Somehow bench quality wasn't a factor for you when you ranked GSW 6th?

Why? To get more suitable role players for next season. That's what literally every media person thought right after they got him.

3701 - 3720 of 3731 Posts