Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a fucking match from Copil, 21 aces, 0 DFs. The way he played from 2 SPs down in the second, incredible. :worship:
Yet to drop a set in Basel. :bounce:
Best win of his career so far.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Copil was great, kudos to him. Wasn't broken once I don't think.

Cilic has been abysmal for months now, no idea what's happened as his first half of the season was fine. Guess he wants year to end, travesty if he still makes WTF.

·
Banned
4,868 Posts
Cilic needs a break instead of embarassing himself for months. Problem is he needs to find some form for the Davis Cup final. Coric won't be able to carry Croatia on his own. Since Coric is chasing WTF there's a pretty good chance he'll injure himself by the end of Paris and then it's all on Cilic. :help:

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
I saw this match live and Copil was super impressive with his serve and some crazy backhands as well.
At the net he also played some elegant points + his slices were good and effective.
Here in Basel he plays really nice tennis, his wins over Lajovic (in Q) and Harrison were impressive too.

QF against Fritz seems winnable as well.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
He's almost guaranteed WTF qualification.
Yeah he got enough points first half of the season and then won Queens obviously but since then....

Wimbledon- 2nd round

Rogers cup- Quarters

Cinni- Semi

Us open- Quarters

Japan open- Lost first round to Struff

Shanghai- Lost first round to Jarry

Vienna- Copiled

In fairness I've done him a bit of a disservice as his form on the american hardcourts was respectable enough. Fallen off a cliff since then.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
What a fucking match from Copil, 21 aces, 0 DFs. The way he played from 2 SPs down in the second, incredible. :worship:
Yet to drop a set in Basel. :bounce:
Best win of his career so far.
Great win!
Really glad for your countryman. I always have kind of soft spot for Marius as a player.

Marin was shattered LOL

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
WTF '17 participants are hot right now. DJ is shaking in his boots.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Copil is a bad match-up for Cilic, H2H is 2-2, including the match in US Open when Copil was outplaying Cilic until he got injured.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
At this moment Djokovic is going to double bagel everybody else in WTF

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,632 Posts
Yeah he got enough points first half of the season and then won Queens obviously but since then....

Wimbledon- 2nd round

Rogers cup- Quarters

Cinni- Semi

Us open- Quarters

Vienna- Copiled

In fairness I've done him a bit of a disservice as his form on the american hardcourts was respectable enough. Fallen off a cliff since then.
Quite a few he's lost despite playing well (Struff and Jarry were recent chokes). Though USO De Minaur was up 2-0 sets and Goffin was leading till arm couldn't carry him.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts

Wimbledon- 2nd round

Rogers cup- Quarters

Cinni- Semi

Us open- Quarters

Vienna- Copiled

Basel, you mean :D

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
At least it was a nice clean loss, no shenanigans like in his match vs Jarry and Struff.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts