Banned
21,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A win in straight sets is always a welcome thing with kei

traded breaks to start the 2nd set and it went on serve from there

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
A stream would be nice...well at least there's still another chance to watch him play.
Kukushkin just took the 1st set against Blake, either way it's a good opportunity for Kei to progress further in Basel.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Like all master assassins, Kei does his dirty work in the dark, so there was no stream.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Yay! Good job Kei! :yippee:
Hope he reaches SF and gets SE for Paris!

·
Registered
10,190 Posts

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,846 Posts
It is all about consistency.

·
Registered
29,419 Posts
Too good from the shinobi.

·
Banned
70,519 Posts
well done kei :hearts:

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Kei - one of the rare breed of players who can win a match and not get a peep of hate.

Wish I could have watched this, but apparently there was no stream anyway. Kei's set to get to the Semi's, form increasing every match, Seeding for a GS for the first time. It's all going according to plan. The rewards for his patience over the frustrating injury periods is paying off.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Nishikori sure is in good form and has a winnable match next round. Last losses have been to Murray, Ferrer and Tipsarevic, which is very acceptable.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Kei - one of the rare breed of players who can win a match and not get a peep of hate.

Wish I could have watched this, but apparently there was no stream anyway. Kei's set to get to the Semi's, form increasing every match, Seeding for a GS for the first time. It's all going according to plan. The rewards for his patience over the frustrating injury periods is paying off.
Kind of interesting that the hype around Nishikori has really died down and unlike Tomic, Dimitrov or Harrison he doesn't have passionate haters. I personally think he's nicer guy than those other 3 anyway. If he keeps going up the ranks he'll surely get haters, as this is the natural flow of things around MTF.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Hate breeds from how the player plays (Raonic is a good example, a very nice sounding guy, but loads hate him already) or how they are potrayed on court and by the media (interviews etc).

It's hard to dislike the way Kei plays, he has some textbook tennis shots and fluid motions and movement and a solid varied attacking gamestyle, which most people love. I would guess most people have hardly heard Kei speak let alone have an interview yet, and he's calm and focused on court so he's a relative unknown so far media-wise as well.

If he continues to rise, I'm certain his new fans will far outweigh his haters, since he is very well spoken. Obviously some people just generally hate tennis, so it's impossible to not have a few people wanting the worst for Kei.

·
Banned
21,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i think one of the reasons kei has so few haters is because of the all the injury troubles he;s gone through already. He fought through them and now he's finally starting to live up to his potential and people like seeing him do well

and ofcourse he's got an enterataining game which people will like

every player will have haters, im sure there's someone that isnt to thrilled about him doing well

1 - 20 of 22 Posts