Premium Member
29,533 Posts
Re: Basel R1: Rusterer def. Starace 7-6(3), 6-4

Decent enough.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts

Potito played really well please give some credit even though Roger was rusty.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts

Sleepwalkerer won't get far like this.

·
Registered
19,388 Posts

I miss the pink :(
Isn't the surface pink anymore?
I didn't see the match

In Vienna the surface turned from pink to blue and i don't like it to be honest

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

Didn't see the 1st set, I understand Starace was doing pretty well there but unfortunately (for him ;)) missed his chances. 2nd set was as decent as one could expect from Fed after a six-week layoff. Hope he'll catch some rhythm this week, he won't defend his title here if he doesn't up his level. Whatever. Well Start Federer! :yeah:

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

He isn't winning this.
Nadal was taken to five sets by Isner at RG this year.

Just pointing this out.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts

I don't get people claiming Federer ain't winning this title despite they haven't seen Djokovic and Murray in action yet.
Roger needs some time to get the tennis machine working properly and it would be sick to expect an oustanding perfomance from him at this point.
I advise some posters to watch Djokovic/Murray first and then reckon Roger's chances.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Blue courts are so fucking generic.
Agreed.

Expect Miami to adopt blue courts within the next three years. We're getting more and more towards homogenized surfaces, now we will get homogenized court colours. There was an absolute uproar over blue clay in Madrid, as if that would somehow drastically change the way the court is played.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

I don't get people claiming Federer ain't winning this title despite they haven't seen Djokovic and Murray in action yet.
Of course we don't know about Djoko's and Muzza's form yet. They could be rusty (or rather in Muzza's case: tired?) as well, we'll find out soon.
BTW - last time I checked, there were quite a few other players capable of doing some damage to the top guys around in this tournament. ;)

Roger needs some time to get the tennis machine working properly and it would be sick to expect an oustanding perfomance from him at this point.
I advise some posters to watch Djokovic/Murray first and then reckon Roger's chances.
I get the impression that no Fed fan disagrees with you on this.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Disappointing that they've changed the court colour, I liked the Basel pink/red thing, it was distinctive. I like blue courts but they're so generic these days.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
how did Federer serve this match out? incredible

1 - 20 of 68 Posts