Mens Tennis Forums banner

Basel 2011: Who will win?

21 - 40 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Re: Basel: Who will win?

Well the Tokyo draw was tricky but this is clearly karmic payback for the Shanghai draw :)

Every one of those players he's struggled with in matches and usually struggles against even if he beats them. He ain't winning this tournament, in my view.
Yeah, he's not the favorite anymore if he ever was, but maybe things will break his way. Shanghai wasn't an easy draw at first either- a string of upsets changed that.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts

Tokyo was only a few weeks ago- I know you are trying to block it out, but it did happen. Unless Nalbandian-Baghdatis-Ferrer-Nadal are nobodies. :eek:
look at his GS draws this year.....RG draw in particular a joke ...AO draw a joke .....you have to accept it

·
Registered
21,337 Posts

look at his GS draws this year.....RG draw in particular a joke ...AO draw a joke .....you have to accept it
Why wouldn't we compare two fall ATP 500's to one another- instead of slams and so-called MM tournaments?
Actually, most of the top players in slams have had really easy draws- look at Nadal's. But we aren't talking about slams are we, just tournaments in general. 2/3 most recent tourneys for Murray have been very difficult draws, you'll just have to accept that and move on.:wavey:

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts

Perhaps someone needs to explain to you the difference between a player's draw and who he actually ends up playing in each round. There's these things called upsets that make a potentially tricker draw suddenly look much easier.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
2nd half should have a lot of great matches. Extremely kind draw for Djokovic, especially coming back after a long layoff.

Berdych/Tipsarevic final.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
They figured Djoker needed some light practice sessions via pushover opposition in order to get himself back in the groove. Good, he'll be in top form for the Final.

Murray has only a few guys on tour who are a bad match up for him, and Haase, Wawa and Tipsy are three of them. Really sucks for Robin, was hoping for a good tourney after his travails of late. Ho-ho-mo-fo.

·
Registered
19,297 Posts
Nole easy

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Djokovic's draw is way to easy but irregardless I think Federer has got this. it's at home which is totally inspiring and the surface should work well enough for him

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
They figured Djoker needed some light practice sessions via pushover opposition in order to get himself back in the groove. Good, he'll be in top form for the Final.

Murray has only a few guys on tour who are a bad match up for him, and Haase, Wawa and Tipsy are three of them. Really sucks for Robin, was hoping for a good tourney after his travails of late. Ho-ho-mo-fo.
Not to mention Wawa is at home, but I'm not sure how much that will help him.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
View Poll Results: Basel 2011: Who will win?
Djokovic 9 28.13%
Murray 9 28.13%
Federer 9 28.13 %
:D:D:D

·
Banned
5,509 Posts
Djokovic will win this event. Murray and Federer will exhaust each other and a tired clown will play djokovic :facepalm:
as expected

·
Registered
224 Posts
I know Donald is an underdog against Melzer, but a second round Fish match is good for American tennis and another top 10 barometer.

As for Melzer another of those live underdog matches he has to win if he wants a seed Down Under

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
hope Fed and Murray get destroyed in the 1st round

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
so much for Djoko getting married to that stick he calls a GF

even fakes that as well

21 - 40 of 106 Posts