Ticket Hotline: +41 900552225

·
Premium Member
20,656 Posts
Let's go for #5 Roger! :bigclap:

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
That trophy is incredible. Nalbandian is such a cheery runner up kudos! I also like the 2010 picture :) - I never understand when people say Djoker and Fed aren't friendly?

·
Can't be bothered anymore
23,023 Posts
Still 2 more weeks to go until Roger will be back on the court.

I'm curious if he is going to play doubles in Basel this year again considering the fact that he hasn't played since DC in Australia and will surely be a bit rusty.

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
I am looking forward to seeing you back on court...Tennis just isn't the same without you....................

·
Registered
481 Posts
Allez Rogi! I hate the fact that the Djoker is scheduked for the tourney. Like litterally hate.

·
23,023 Posts
Allez Rogi! I hate the fact that the Djoker is scheduled for the tourney. Like litterally hate.
No player deserves to be hated ;)

When I was in Basel last year nearly everyone of us in the block wanted to see Novak losing early but 2 Roger fans supported him in his matches and when we asked them why they would do this they said that they wanted to see Roger beat Novak in the final. Well, when it happened they said that it would have been totally worth it to have hoped for that final...

Novak got much support overall during the week and I think most people hoped to see him playing against Roger in the final but during that match nearly everyone was on Roger's side.

There are a lot of things which annoy me of Novak but I have seen him live at 2 tournaments where he lost in the final and he was always a good runner-up. He seems to like the tournament in Basel and I think it is good in general that at least one of the other 3 topplayers is playing there.

·
23,023 Posts
Nalbandian is such a cheery runner up kudos!
I still regret it that I didn't stay the whole week back then in Basel. I would have loved to see Roger's SF against Marco and the final against Nalby.

Last year Roger could have played against Nalby again in the SF but David lost to Roddick in the QF. I also enjoyed it to see Roger against Andy but Roger against Nalby is such great stuff :worship:

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
I still regret it that I didn't stay the whole week back then in Basel. I would have loved to see Roger's SF against Marco and the final against Nalby.

Last year Roger could have played against Nalby again in the SF but David lost to Roddick in the QF. I also enjoyed it to see Roger against Andy but Roger against Nalby is such great stuff :worship:
Ah no, bad luck Eden.

I would like to visit Switzerland full stop! but I am currently too poor!

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
:hug: :hug:

·
Registered
8,858 Posts
Dont forget to vote for Roger for theNumber-1-History Award to be presented on 1.11.11 at the Swiss Indoors Basel
This constellation only occurs every 100 years. On 1.11.11 (the Tuesday of the main tournament) the global elite will be fighting for tournament survival in the first round of the Swiss Indoors Basel. On the same date, 1.11.11, the Swiss Indoors’ Number-1-History-Award will also be presented to the best player of all time. This honour will be the subject of a public vote. From today, tennis fans from near and far will be able to vote for their favourite players and each day they will have a chance to win attractive prizes in the process. We are looking for the best player in the history of the Swiss Indoors tournament, the person who reigned over world tennis in the period between 1970 and 2010.

Spoilt for choice

Choice can be a tortuous thing. Over a period of 40 years, the world’s third largest indoor tournament in the St. Jakobshalle has played host to all of the top international players, starting from the letter A with Andre Agassi through to the letter W with Mats Wilander. Other players to figure in this group of eligible tennis geniuses include Björn Borg, Jimmy Connors, John McEnroe, Boris Becker, Pete Sampras and many more. And let’s not forget the modern day high-flyers, Switzerland’s sportsman of the century Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic, the new world number 1, who, along with defending champion Federer, will also be participating in this year’s tournament in Basel.

Place your vote and win

Everybody taking part will have one vote per day. The procedure is straightforward: just click on the address www.History-Award.ch and make your decision. Participants will have the chance to win attractive prizes, donated by the sponsoring companies Manor and Blick, and two Swiss Indoors tickets for the historic Tuesday, 1.11.11, will be up for grabs each day. The main prize is something truly unique: the ultimate VIP package for 1.11.11 will see the winner present the Number-1-History-Award in person on the Center Court in Basel. The vote begins on 15 August and ends on 19 October 2011. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the competition and the judges’ decision is final.
:D

Voting ends on October 19 and everybody gets one vote per day. So, keep voting!

French version
http://www.history-award.ch/fr/#/roger-federer/

German version:
http://www.history-award.ch/de/#/roger-federer/

·
Registered
43 Posts
Dont forget to vote for Roger for theNumber-1-History Award to be presented on 1.11.11 at the Swiss Indoors Basel

:D

Voting ends on October 19 and everybody gets one vote per day. So, keep voting!

French version
http://www.history-award.ch/fr/#/roger-federer/

German version:
http://www.history-award.ch/de/#/roger-federer/
Voting closes on the 26th October I think.
Its seem Djokovic is winning by a landslide so everyone should keep on voting for Roger so that he gets presented with the trophy in Basel!

1 - 20 of 131 Posts