Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The draw is out and it sucks.

1st round against Wawrinka, then Berdych or Lopez in the 2nd round, then Blake or Karlovic in the quarter finals. Although if Lopez were to beat Berdych then I would feel a whole lot better about it.

Still, his chances are pretty good given his current form and Basel has always been one of his best tournaments.

------------

Roger Federer (SUI-1) - Michael Berrer (GER)
Juan Martin Del Potro (ARG) - Michael Russell (USA)
Nicolas Kiefer (GER) - Carlos Berlocq (ARG)
Stefan Koubek (AUT) - Juan Ignacio Chela (ARG-7)

James Blake (USA-WC-4) - Oscar Hernandez (ESP)
Ivo Karlovic (CRO) - Marco Ciudinelli (WC)
David Nalbandian (ARG) - Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI)
Feliciano Lopez (ESP) - Tomas Berdych (CZE-5)

Paul-Henri Mathieu (FRA-WC-8) - Frank Dancevic (CAN)
Amer Delic (USA) - Qualifier
Alber Montanes (ESP) - Marcos Baghdatis (CYP)
Agustin Calleri (ARG) - David Ferrer (ESP-3)

Guillermo Canas (ARG-6) - Jose Acasuso (ARG)
Robby Ginepri (USA) - Jarkko Nieminen (FIN)
Qualifier - Qualifier
Qualifier - Fernando Gonzalez (CHI-2)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
What are the chances of him actually going? He played a lot of matches this week and Paris follows this tourney. He might withdraw. But if he does play...revenge that loss on Stan! Luckily Stan is vulnerable in a first round. :)

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
I think he will beat Stan (If he dosent withdraw) however, for second round, i think berdych is way much easier than lopez at the moment..for third round, i'd go with James (ivo is harder), and semis federer :help:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Well, here we go to Switzerland, don't we? I hope that David puts up a similiar play like in Madrid this week, but don't wanna say he WILL do this or that (like someone...). First round Wawrinka a man that slapped him out of Vienna and if I recall correctly, beat him last year in this tournament. I wish luck to David, play your tennis! :worship:

VAMOS DAVID!

·
Registered
15,622 Posts
I'm not so sure if he is actually playing and I hate that he has to play Stan the man in the first round. Not easy for him, and after I tiring week ...

Anyway, good luck. Go get 'em champ!

·
Premium Member
5,425 Posts
If he does play Basel and gets past Wawa,then he will face a much motivated Berdman in the 2nd round :lol:
He should have the week off IMO. Just worried the inconsistency will hit again. :p

·
Registered
216 Posts
Birdman isn't the most motivated person when it comes on taking revenge.anyways i dont think he should play but if he does then:
VAMOS and GOODLUCK.
as always rooting for him till the end.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
David loves Basel, but back to back tournaments are tough (he played 6 matches last week after all), and to be honest and I think that Stan will beat him in the 1st round this week, but David proved me wrong many times last week, and hopefully he'll do the same again.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I actually hope he doesn't play. He's had a tough week with a lot of matches and I'm afraid that it will catch up with him in Basel. It's always hard getting back in there after a victory like that. But if he decides to play then I'll cheer for him until the end of course. Go get em, Dave. Vamos!

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
If david wins, if sure he will face Lopez, im 110% sure

·
Registered
7,697 Posts
Oh he's just lost :sad:
But Stan played really well.
Rest up for Bercy David.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
David losing today isn't a surprise at all, given his exertions and heroics last week, and Wawrinka was in awesome form.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts