Mens Tennis Forums banner

How many Grand Slams will the 'Big 3' win in 2019?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 3.8%

Votes: 11 42.3%

Votes: 14 53.8%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting this as I recall some predictions at the back of last year 2019 would be year of the NextGen breakthrough, a poll was started and nearly 80% of you thought we would have a new slam winner this year.

https://www.menstennisforums.com/2-general-messages/poll-88836-new-grand-slam-winner-2019.html

None of the big 3 so far have dropped a set yet, ruthless as ever. Based on what I've seen so far I think they're odds on to win all 4 once again. The only people I can see who could perhaps pinch one are Zverev, Cilic or Delpo. Anyone else and it will be a big surprise.

They've won all 4 in both 2017 and 2018 and I think 2019 might again have the same outcome, if the early rounds are to go by.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Voted 4 but tbh if Cilic/DelPo snatched one as well it would hardly be startling. Only thing that would be is a new young guy winning one. Or more.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Voted 4 but tbh if Cilic/DelPo snatched one as well it would hardly be startling. Only thing that would be is a new young guy winning one. Or more.
This is why I voted 3. Big 3 are getting older, they gotta start dropping slams at some point...

·
Registered
14,092 Posts

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Fred had a cakewalk till now.
DJ had a cakewalk till now.
And Ralph also had a cakewalk till now.

Can't conclude anything from that.

·
Registered