Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
''I don't really think Wawrinka won that match, I think it was more of Novak losing it''

Barftoli :superlol:

Truly the dumbest comment of the day. Fluke one Wimbledon title while being obese and suddenly you get to give your opinion on the BBC.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
my god marion:eek:

i cant defend you here. this is just a truly ignorant comment and spoken like someone who didnt watch it all

·
Registered
360 Posts
I agree with Marion tbh. Novak really played awful in that RG final.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
''I don't really think Wawrinka won that match, I think it was more of Novak losing it''

Barftoli :superlol:

Truly the dumbest comment of the day. Fluke one Wimbledon title while being obese and suddenly you get to give your opinion on the BBC.
while i cant defend her comment i can defend her. she was far from obese. its disgusting that a woman who isnt a tooth pick automatically becomes obese or fat . knock it off people.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Did Bartoli pay attention to what happened in her own Wimbledon final that she won? :lol:

·
29,645 Posts
Novak wasn't allowed to be 'rock solid' in that, he was simply battered. Today, against a Swiss pretty frail from the baseline, he was able to get a comfortable rhythm in his play.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
:yeah: Bartoli is correct.

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree with Marion tbh. Novak really played awful in that RG final.
It was the exact same situation as Federer - Murray, Djokovic was simply completely outplayed.
while i cant defend her comment i cant defend her. she was far from obese. its disgusting that a woman who isnt a tooth pick automatically becomes obese or fat . knock it off people.
I'm not talking real life overweight, but definitely for a professional athlete.

·
23,933 Posts
Source? I know the source. I heard it during the Fox Sports Asia coverage of Wimbledon, where Marion -- who personally has been lovely the whole tournament commentating -- said it when Djokovic was in the balcony, saying that "while Stan did well, Djokovic choked", which really struck a nerve with me. Other than that where did she say it?

·
Administrator
9,543 Posts
Well, Bartoli didn't win Wimbledon 2013 too, Lisicki lost it.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Novak played too safe tennis there + he looked tired. Stan saw a chance and grabbed it. It was more 50/50, but Novak was the first who made mistake.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I understand what she means.

Djokovic was drained after beating 2 of the big 4, the king of clay and clayray.

Stan deserved that title though.

·
23,933 Posts
Well, Bartoli didn't win Wimbledon 2013 too, Lisicki lost it.
This, though. Lisicki just can't find her game and aggression, while Bartoli was ready. I like Bartoli (I quite like her "shadow boxing" during matches :lol:) but Lisicki was more convincing the whole tournament. I think Anne Keothavong also said that Djokovic was so tight during the match, where IMO Stan was really trying to dictate that play that it's almost impossible to find the short ball against him.

·
-
86 Posts
nice insight by Bartoli. thank you Marion.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
If anyone lost a slam final... it was Lisicki.. that disgusting human being who choked to Marion... the fact that she is a Wimbledon champ is a black eye for humanity. She was never in shape and was a 2 out of 10 in my opinion (Edit: game-wise*)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts