Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A great match from Kei. Calm and imposing, focused. Klizan had some rare moments of good shotmaking too, but too many errors, many triggered by Kei. I look forward to the final. If Ferrer makes it, it will be tough but hard to see Kei slip in this form!

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Easy peasy.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Finally. Amazing match by Kei.
Everything was working. Klizan wasn't too bad.

·
Bring it Home
20,660 Posts
Klizan was very erratic, specially on serve. Nishikori played well though.

·
54,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looking forward to see Kei-Nadal in RG round 4!
Tricky because of the seedings. I feel they will meet no earlier than QF in any case, unless by some stroke of luck Nadal finds himself outside the top 8, which is an unlikely scenario unless Rafa really loses a lot of pts from Madrid-Rome(and still will not likely draw Kei then.

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
No luck for Klizan this time around, Kei was fit and ready, unlike last years rg meeting...

·
Registered
21,283 Posts
:yeah:

Time to take out the trash for the 2nd time tommorow.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
When you have a bad serving day against Kei, this is what happens. Kei's ROS was unbelievable today and he controlled the entire match. Had Klizan converted on the numerous break pts he was presented, this might have been a closer match. I guess that's the difference between a top 10 and a top 5 player.

·
54,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The way Nishikori punishes every single serve of his opponent unless it's ace-level... unreal.
It's a trademark of his game these days. For first serves that aren't too deep, or accurate and angled, he can swat it away pretty easily. A few times he hit FH winners, or forced errors from serves out wide made by Milos in the USO match and had Milos puzzled. But it's the second serve return that he excels at really.

Watch the highlights against Djokovic...the entire game starting from 1:48. Have not seen that many return winners/forced errors (3) in a single game against a player the calibre of Djokovic before.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts