Looks like 2nd set was much easier.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
A message is sent to Nadal

·
Registered
29,204 Posts
Easy peasy. I want Nishikori in the final.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Looking through the point by point, the first set could easily have gone 26 instead.

The second set was one way traffic though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I assume Kei played superb tennis but no televised...
1st set is 6-2 but tough set(saved 6/7 BP), 2nd set is overpowered.
I want to see Kei-Rafa final.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Televising Robredo/Granolers over last years finalists and #1 seed of the tournament, just disgusting... Result pretty much expected, not much to say about the match since we didn't actually see it.

·
Registered
68,118 Posts
yeah samurai :woohoo:

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,547 Posts
Televising Robredo/Granolers over last years finalists and #1 seed of the tournament, just disgusting... Result pretty much expected, not much to say about the match since we didn't actually see it.
You can get more detail through this:
http://www.flashscore.com/match/UwRQRZxa/#point-by-point

It tells that the first set was tougher and could have been closer, or even reversed. In fact Kei had to save 6/7 BPs and got broken once, while Giraldo was broken 5 times from 9 BPs. However Kei won most of the important pts and that set the tone for the next set, where Giraldo was simply overwhelmed as Kei started serving much better and winning more service pts, facing no BPs at all or even deuce, while Giraldo struggled especially on second serve.

Serving stats:
Stats 1st set - Kei: 52% FSI, 59% FS won, 50% second serve won vs. Giraldo: 80% FSI, 50% won, and 33% SS won.
Stats 2nd set - Kei: 68% FSI, 80% FS won, 57% second serve won vs. Giraldo: 57% FSI, 66% won, and 11% SS won.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
You can get more detail through this:
http://www.flashscore.com/match/UwRQRZxa/#point-by-point

It tells that the first set was tougher and could have been closer, or even reversed. In fact Kei had to save 6/7 BPs and got broken once, while Giraldo was broken 5 times from 9 BPs. However Kei won most of the important pts and that set the tone for the next set, where Giraldo was simply overwhelmed as Kei started serving much better and winning more service pts, facing no BPs at all or even deuce, while Giraldo struggled especially on second serve.

Serving stats:
Stats 1st set - Kei: 52% FSI, 59% FS won, 50% second serve won vs. Giraldo: 80% FSI, 50% won, and 33% SS won.
Stats 2nd set - Kei: 68% FSI, 80% FS won, 57% second serve won vs. Giraldo: 57% FSI, 66% won, and 11% SS won.
I imagine Kei started agressive and was spraying quite a lot ue's, he often needs time to warm up his flatter shots. Don't think second set was easier just because of better fs percentage.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,547 Posts
I imagine Kei started agressive and was spraying quite a lot ue's, he often needs time to warm up his flatter shots.
Generally a slow starter yes. But once he finds a good serving rhythm, he's quite hard to knock off. Giraldo seemed to struggle more on serve winning just half of his 1st serve pts too that first set.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Generally a slow starter yes. But once he finds a good serving rhythm, he's quite hard to knock off. Giraldo seemed to struggle more on serve winning just half of his 1st serve pts too that first set.
Kei doesn't win many free points on serve, i guess i tend to ignore this stat a bit, mostly because usually its fh/bh efficiency what decides his matches. Thats why i am a bit annoyed that this match wasn't televised, his bh wasn't great vs Gabashvili, he will need it working to have any chance against Nadal.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts