Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More talented player won.

The match was all about whether Gabashvili would be focused or not. He was, therefore he -as expected- easily won.

Losing six games is not a promising sign though.

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
Well! Thankfully he didn't play this shitty against Nadull in Mickey C. Or else that would have been ugly and Nadull would earn some undeserved points.

As for the match, Gabashvili seemed not to miss a single shot! of course he only missed against Nadull in MC.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
:haha::haha::haha:

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
I didn't watch it, but this was huge.

Ferrer consistency is gone. He can't play well 3 matches in a row this year, let alone 2 weeks.

As for Gabashvili, he's playing well this year, he was already deserving some win like this.

·
Registered
24,789 Posts
I didn't watch it, but this was huge.

Ferrer consistency is gone. He can't play well 3 matches in a row this year, let alone 2 weeks.

As for Gabashvili, he's playing well this year, he was already deserving some win like this.
Actually he's won 3 or more matches in a row this year 3 times, longest streak was 8.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Too good Gaba, too good.

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
Makes the win against Nadal all the more random. Gaba did play some pretty big ball though...

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I really have a feeling that the painful 1st round elimination in Barcelona last year was in his mind today.

He was probably so scared of the same thing happening this year, that he somehow turned this into a self-fulfilling prophecy...

EDIT: And for the trivia, both losses were against a Russian player.

·
Banned
2,609 Posts
Wow Ferrer is garbage at the moment. Goes to show you it was Nadull who tanked to avoid Stan the Man, who would have utterly destroyed him :drool:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Really poor tennis from Ferrer. Strange after years of reaching the Barcelona final that he can't even win a match there nowadays.

I'm sure he'll bounce back quickly though and will play much better in Madrid.

·
Registered
623 Posts
What is up with GaBASHvili lately - first three games against Nadal in MC he absolutely dominated Rafa. Now a win vs. Ferrer. When he's on, he plays great tennis.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
2013 Tursunov, 2014 Gabashvili :lol: Ferrer doesn't like playing russians in Barcelona. Now it's even easier for Nadal

1 - 20 of 70 Posts